The Student Room Group

Is it better to resit the AS level year or resit AS units with tge A2 year?

Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got EEEC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell. My friends got DDDC and are carrying on resitting all the units with the A2 year. Is that better idea?? They say if they mess up they can resit A2 again because thats harder.

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this
Original post by Nimmy666
Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got EEEC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell. My friends got DDDC and are carrying on resitting all the units with the A2 year. Is that better idea?? They say if they mess up they can resit A2 again because thats harder.

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this

If the reason you didn't get good grades is purely because you didn't work hard enough and not because of the academic difficulty, then it is possible to resit the individual units as well as completing A2's, AS exams are slightly earlier so you would have some time afterwards. However, if you're committed to taking another year to resit then you could, but only if you work hard to succeed in your exams. Ask yourself whether you are happy delaying any plans you may have for the future by another year. What do you want to do at university by the way?
Reply 2
Im not in a rush to go to university. However when i go i want to do something good.. Possibly medical engineering..pharmacy. Something sciency
Im not in a rush to go to university. However when i go i want to do something good.. Possibly medical engineering..pharmacy. Something sciency

You still have the opportunity to resit the year? Seems a bit late. I'd do this option.
It's possible to do well either way though.
Reply 4
Im starting tommorow going to resit the year.. But which one would someone in this position be more likely to do well in?
Im starting tommorow going to resit the year.. But which one would someone in this position be more likely to do well in?

i would resit AS Level as you said you are not in a rush to go to uni:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest