wally123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have just completed my A2 levels and achieved BBE in Biology, Chemistry and Maths Respectively. I very narrowly missed out on As in Bio and Chem so i will be resitting one exam each in Bio and Chem to improve my grade and hopefully get the As needed for Vet Med.
I will reapply for Vet Med in October for September 2015 entry. However i am thinking of doing the 2nd year of A level P.E as i dropped it at AS. I am aiming for a A in this.
I would be applying with the likely predicted grades of AAA in Chem, Bio and P.E.
would my application be considered by the universities for Vet Med with these predictions and the fact that i am resitting?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by wally123)
x
Moved to Vet Medicine for you. Should get better responses here.
SilverstarDJ
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by wally123)
I have just completed my A2 levels and achieved BBE in Biology, Chemistry and Maths Respectively. I very narrowly missed out on As in Bio and Chem so i will be resitting one exam each in Bio and Chem to improve my grade and hopefully get the As needed for Vet Med.
I will reapply for Vet Med in October for September 2015 entry. However i am thinking of doing the 2nd year of A level P.E as i dropped it at AS. I am aiming for a A in this.
I would be applying with the likely predicted grades of AAA in Chem, Bio and P.E.
would my application be considered by the universities for Vet Med with these predictions and the fact that i am resitting?
Not all unis will accept resits, and I am unsure which ones do and which ones don't. Maybe someone else can clarify this and if in doubt, email the unis.

Another question to ask youself is why you felt you got BBE? Where you not studying enough? Or did you not have the right revision methods? Did you have any extenuating circumstances (unis will consider these if you can document/prove this)? Or did you just find the subjects very difficult? Just bear in mind that at vet school the content isn't hard but there is A LOT in terms of volume that you must remember so you will need both good time management skills and a good memory.

How are you doing work experience wise? This is also just as important as grades to get a place.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm resitting exams and contacted nottingham, rvc, liverpool and surrey and they all say they'll accept you. For notts you'll need AAA rather than AAB, and of course it does impact your application negatively a bit but it's definitely possible!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.58%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.71%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25%

Watched Threads