The Student Room Group

OCR AS Biology (Help me!)

Hey, firstly I'm new around here. I'm going into Y13 in a few days time, and due to getting UUUD at AS level, I'm trying out some new subjects as my sixth form won't let me retake. One of my new ones is Biology. I'll be perfectly honest, I hate biology and know basically nothing about it, but I have to pass in order to get into the University I want to study nursing.. Can anyone help me with some stuff that I can revise before I actually start the course so I actually know what they're talking about.
Thanks guys!
Original post by HollyAndrews
Hey, firstly I'm new around here. I'm going into Y13 in a few days time, and due to getting UUUD at AS level, I'm trying out some new subjects as my sixth form won't let me retake. One of my new ones is Biology. I'll be perfectly honest, I hate biology and know basically nothing about it, but I have to pass in order to get into the University I want to study nursing.. Can anyone help me with some stuff that I can revise before I actually start the course so I actually know what they're talking about.
Thanks guys!

Hey, I've moved this to the biology section where you'll hopefully get some replies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys!

hey, if youre good at memorising things you can definately get a good grade at biology, you dont need to love the subject, as long as you can get all youre revision and homework done.

www.getrevising.com is a good revision sit for all subjects
The best revision guide is http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Biology-Complete-Revision-Practice/dp/1847621228/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410279960&sr=1-3&keywords=cgp+ocr+biology its really simple and explains everything really well

use this with the textbook http://www.amazon.co.uk/Biology-Student-Book-Exam-CD-ROM/dp/0435691805/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410280419&sr=1-1&keywords=AS+ocr+biology to get the best grade.

good luck!
Thanks guys!

There is this website, Biomad where the stuff is palatable, easy to understand and cool as well:
http://www.biologymad.com/
It's more specific for AQA, but since you just want to get the basic idea of what stuff means, you'll find it useful.

Quick Reply