what made the league of nations weaker? Watch
What made the league of nations weaker?
1) failure of the senate to ratify the treaty
2) its peacekeeping powers
The lack of the USA was the main failure but I don't think that's an option?
1) No peace keeping organisation, essentially this means that there can be no co-operative military action to address and resolve conflicts (and aggressive states)
2) The USA was not a member, this nation was the dominant economic power, and had considerable international prestige. Many developing Nations (Iran is a good example of this) were unhappy with British and French intervention as they felt it was often for their own good rather than the creation of stable democratic states, and they saw the USA as a benevolent force who would protect and stabilise democratic states.
3) Without the USA - it was Britain and France who were the most active members, BUT they still wished to maintain their empires, thus there was a fundamental conflict of interests. Many states (like Japan) saw this hypocrisy and despised it. This also meant that when the European economy suffered, and both nation experienced political and economic instability, they often ignored international cause for concern.
4) a lack of international co-operation, there really was not any international co-operation over non-military actions like economic sanctions. Effectively there were few ways of reigning in aggressive states.
Hope it helped