Has anyone got any tips for year 11?
catrinana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chloesimp)
-Get coursework done out of the way, and do it to the very best of your ability.
-Don't burn yourself by starting revision too early.
-Don't leave revision too late either. Revising the night before is not recommended.
-Try to not stress too much, especially in exam season. Stress is inevitable, just try to keep a calm head under pressure and you'll do ok.
-Don't do an all-nighter before an exam. A good night's sleep will do you more good than cramming at 3am.
-Pay attention in lessons, do your homework, and keep your work organised throughout the year - it should make revision easier later on.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't stress. Don't worry. Stay calm. :hugs:

Just make sure you listen to your teachers. Start revising well ahead but also revise well in way that is good for you. Make good notes in classes and do a lot of past papers.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you haven't seen it already, this thread has loads of good advice for starting Year 11.

Try not to stress too much - just work hard and make the most of it! You'll have a great time. :hugs:
tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Finished year 11 and to be honest it isn't much different from year 10, especially if you've already done some exams early.

Just don't fool around as 5 years of your secondary life is riding on your gcse grades and make sure your teachers become your FRIEND as you will need to pester them throughout this year (don't be hesitant to, their job is to help).

Be organised and take good notes! I can't stress how annoying it was for me to try revise with bad notes I had taken during year10&11.

Attend school regularly, year 11 isn't the time to be taken days off due to mild headaches and whatnot.

Do not stress yourself out either. Life isn't over if gcse grades aren't what you expect.

Try to block out distractions especially during/nearing exam period. Your social life is not a priority this year.

Start revision early! I started revision of my sciences from September and was able to achieve A* in biology and chemistry and A in physics. Do not leave revision to 3 weeks before the exam.

Good Luck

You'll be glad when it's all over
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads