The Student Room Group

Help pick A-levels (Midwifery)

I really want to be a Midwife (or if that fails a children nurse) but I don't know what A-levels to take? Can anybody suggest any? I was thinking about English, Psychology and Health and Social? I know a science subject would be great, especially Biology although, I don't know my individual grade for Biology, I only received my overall science grade which was a D:/
Help anyone, pleeeease?
Original post by saskialuren
I really want to be a Midwife (or if that fails a children nurse) but I don't know what A-levels to take? Can anybody suggest any? I was thinking about English, Psychology and Health and Social? I know a science subject would be great, especially Biology although, I don't know my individual grade for Biology, I only received my overall science grade which was a D:/
Help anyone, pleeeease?

Hey :smile: You're best bet is to start looking at UCAS and at specific universities and look and what they specify about A-levels. I've just finished my A-levels and a few of my friends applied for Midwifery and the majority of universities which they applied to accepted Psychology as a science subject, so this covered the requirement of a science subject. They did find that if you are doing biology then you need to be getting a decent grade in it to be accepted. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest