Should i resit AS LEVEL year or resit all AS units along with my A2 year?

Watch
Nimmy666
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got EEEC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. Like i didnt know the content.when going into the exams.. Never mind exam techniques. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell. My friends got DDDC and are carrying on resitting all the units with the A2 year. Is that better idea?? They say if they mess up they can resit A2 again because thats harder.

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this

I posted it here as i want experienced opinions
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Possible but difficult since its inevitable that you will wind up with exams clashing on the same days / high workloads in consecutive weeks etc.

If you personally feel that you will work hard and determined to do so, then go for it since its ultimately you who puts in the effort. If you feel you dont end up with the grades that you wanted, then taking a gap year to resit some modules can be helpful indeed.

However, i would drop one of your subjects and completely forget about it. Dont even bother resitting it any modules from it.
Crydamoure
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would also advise dropping a subject (my suggestion would be RS, unless you specifically require it).

Repeat your AS year and dedicate yourself to it - I know from personal experience. I still ended up resitting some AS exams in my A2 (3rd) year, which I really could've done without, but things turned out reasonably well in the end. Just makes me wish I'd worked harder still in my 2nd year.
nmjasdk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
drop an AS and resit the year thats too much in one go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (105)
61.05%
No (35)
20.35%
Not sure (32)
18.6%

Watched Threads