The Student Room Group

How to start revising for all science A levels from day one?

I'm starting my A levels so can someone explain how I should revise for things I haven't been taught yet. Preferably Biology should be used as an example for me if you are going to use one. Please don't tell me not to bother and wait for it to be taught to me and can someone explain how to learn things I haven't been taught it. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by dont-have-a-name
I'm starting my A levels so can someone explain how I should revise for things I haven't been taught yet. Preferably Biology should be used as an example for me if you are going to use one. Please don't tell me not to bother and wait for it to be taught to me and can someone explain how to learn things I haven't been taught it. Thanks in advance.

Don't Bother. It's impossible to REvise something you haven't been taught as it wouldn't be revising.
Original post by dont-have-a-name

When you get all your text books, read ahead. Invest in CGP revision guides too - I found them the best. Every day read up on a new chapter, make notes, do any relevant questions and review them. Then every weekend, go over everything you did the past week.
Steal a textbook from school.
Print the specification for your course.
Learn these topics and tick the checklist as you go along.
Test yourself through tests, flashcards...
Practice a few exam style questions.

:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our school likes to reccomend us specific textbooks so I geuss I'll buy them and read ahead. I feel so stupid for not thinking about that. Thanks to all of you for answering. By the way, is there something on the forums that allow me to choose an answer as a solution or something similar to that.

Quick Reply

Latest