OCR Advancing Physics Synoptic Paper

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Is anyone sitting this paper next thursday and if so how will u prepare for it? looking at some of the past papers the link between the pre-release and questions does not seem too strong but is it worth doing extra research on the pre-release? also how does background radiation confirm the big bang theory?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Is anyone sitting this paper next thursday and if so how will u prepare for it? looking at some of the past papers the link between the pre-release and questions does not seem too strong but is it worth doing extra research on the pre-release? also how does background radiation confirm the big bang theory?
yes, i would advise lots of research. It is worth the most (apart from understanding processes). i haven't even read the sheet yet!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
how does background radiation confirm the big bang theory?
It is the residue energy from the big bang.
Guest_Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yes, i would advise lots of research. It is worth the most (apart from understanding processes). i haven't even read the sheet yet!
I disagree. The front of the advance notice paper states that additional research is not nessecary, until you don't understand some of the terms used. Previous papers also show little connection between the advance notice paper and the actual exam.

Of course, you can do research if you want, just don't waste too much time... bear in mind 1/3 of the paper is completely random anyway.
gangsta1
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Guest_Rob)
I disagree.
So do I
chud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
No, your wrong.

Its worth 90 marks. U-P and FIELD, PARTICAL & PICTURES are worth 110.

Man, if you can't get that right you need luck in the exam!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.18%
No (518)
65.82%

Watched Threads