The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Xbox Live at Brunel?

I'm planning on bringing my XB1 to halls when I move in, was just wondering whether I can connect to xbox live over the internet there?
Reply 1
Would like to know this too lol :smile:
BTW, theres a current student who`s started a thread (called current Brunel student, ask me anything, her name is Audien), she can probably ask and let you know :smile:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
This is from 2010. Not sure if it is still valid, but it could be:

Original post by Connect Team
The Connect Team at Brunel are the team within the computer centre who support the ResNet & Wifi@Brunel services. In Halls of residence every room has a hard wired 100 meg ethernet connection to the ResNet network. Wifi@Brunel is available in most other places on campus, but NOT in halls.

Up until fairly recently (within the last couple of years) on-line gaming was blocked totally, however over the last couple of years we have been working with the Brunel gaming society in order to un-block games. PS3 and Xbox consoles should work ok for most games, and most PC games that work under STEAM should be ok, however we cannot gaurantee that all games will work, and at busy times you may find some considerable lag.

The Connect Team and the Gaming society have a regular programme of "Bake-off" sessions in the calendar for the coming academic year. The process for these sessions is that the gaming society co-ordinate the priority issues and then a couple of representatives from the society come a long for a couple of hours and the Brunel Network manager works with the society reps in order to resolve the issues, once resolved the access control lists on ResNet get updated in the next scheduled update.

Also it would not be a good idea to try and use a laptop as some sort of proxy via a VPN connection because VPN connections are blocked and any rogue device connected to the network could result in your connection being disabled.
I know that Xbox should work completely fine by ethernet but I doubt it'll work on Wifi.
I took my PS3 and it worked fine, there are Ethernet ports in your rooms, most guys in halls have either have an xbox or playstation. Just make sure you've practised your fifa skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending