The Student Room Group

Right A Level choices??? *help*

So I chose Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Spanish which I am all taking to A2. The only problem is that I am Spanish and live in Spain, so, will this lead to most unis disregarding the Spanish qualification? If so it would leave me with only 3 ''real A Levels'' which would leave me at a disatvantage. Should I pick Business Studies on top of those subjects, at least at AS? I just don't want the workload to be too much since I'm already very busy with the Spanish system qualifications and current A Levels, and I hate writing essays (despite getting A* in all of my GCSE essay subjects). I'm planning on going to a top uni in the UK and I'm worried that this will be an issue. Any help or advice will be extremely useful.
Anyone?
Reply 2
Some places will probably discourage it (I know that Bath does)

If your choices ask for an AS level, then may be worthy to take it just so that you meet its requirements
Original post by Jkizer
Some places will probably discourage it (I know that Bath does)

If your choices ask for an AS level, then may be worthy to take it just so that you meet its requirements

Sorry I didn't understad your post. Discourage Spanish or Business Studies ??:confused:

Sorry and thanks for the reply.
Reply 4
Original post by Heisenberg97
Sorry I didn't understad your post. Discourage Spanish or Business Studies ??:confused:

Sorry and thanks for the reply.

Oh sorry. Meant discourage you taking A levels in your mother tongue i.e. Your A level spanish won't count as an A level to meeting the entry requirement for Bath.

Obviously some unis wont really care at all / probably get away with it. Perhaps email a few unis which you are interested to see ?
Original post by Jkizer
Oh sorry. Meant discourage you taking A levels in your mother tongue i.e. Your A level spanish won't count as an A level to meeting the entry requirement for Bath.

Obviously some unis wont really care at all / probably get away with it. Perhaps email a few unis which you are interested to see ?
Thanks for the reply. I'll e-mail them first thing tomorrow :biggrin:
bump
bump

Quick Reply

Latest