cherry00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello there,
I Chose IB at the beginning of the holidays...I've been back in school for 2days and I'm already thinking of switching to A-levels. My teachers told me that I should make a decision by the end of this week :/
I want to keep my options open for law and medicine...but I also don't want to stress to much in the last year with the IB (I've also heard that it's not worth it in the UK).
My A level choices would be:
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Economics/Spanish

Would these subjects allow me to study in various areas such as medicine,business and law?
My IB subjects are the same including English and German....I know that there is a huge workload in IB...that is why I'm considering to switch and also because I'm doing many extra curricular anyway...

I appreciate your advice Thanks
Doomlar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cherry00)
Hello there,
I Chose IB at the beginning of the holidays...I've been back in school for 2days and I'm already thinking of switching to A-levels. My teachers told me that I should make a decision by the end of this week :/
I want to keep my options open for law and medicine...but I also don't want to stress to much in the last year with the IB (I've also heard that it's not worth it in the UK).
My A level choices would be:
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Economics/Spanish

Would these subjects allow me to study in various areas such as medicine,business and law?
My IB subjects are the same including English and German....I know that there is a huge workload in IB...that is why I'm considering to switch and also because I'm doing many extra curricular anyway...

I appreciate your advice Thanks
Maths, Chemistry, and Biology will definitely allow you to study Medicine, and they are all facilitating subjects so would allow you to study a wide range of other degrees as well. I'm not well informed about the intricacies of the IB, but I would definitely do the A-levels as that seems the safer option to me, but by all means get more advice on how facilitating the IB is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.24%
England (97)
33.45%
Belgium (25)
8.62%
Germany (37)
12.76%
Spain (5)
1.72%