?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
what the title says basically
Arie1239
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
, i have just started my second year of a levels and im really really worried about applying to university with my grades.
in GCSE i got 5 A's, 1A* and 5 B's.
in my As results i got
Biology- C- (i got a C in my unit 1 and a B in my coursework and a B in my unit 2 so im retaking unit 1)
Chemistry- D (in unit 1 i got a B, coursework i got a B and then i nearly failed my Unit 2 -the big exam which brought my whole grade down so im retaking unit 2 with my A2 exams)
English Literature- C (retaking the coursework to get a B overall and have dropped this subject this year)
History- B ( a few marks off an A)
do you think i should apply this year and to which universities?
i think this year my predictions will be ABB-BBB
cbooth5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The most lenient universities from a few years ago when I applied are Sunderland (grades only BBB probably in reality will take Bchem BC/Bchem CC probably the most lenient uni with no interview or test purely grades I would encourage to apply as I got BCD and was apparently one grade off), Liverpool John Moores (interview and aptitude test, although BBBchem and have known to take lower such as BchemBC), Kingston BBB (not a good reputation for pharm though), Medway school of pharmacy CCC in chem, De montfort (DMU) are often in clearing but they want ABB/BBB. If you struggle, most schools want the B in chemistry so focus on that. There are transfer options but I know Liverpool aren't doing theirs any longer, Kingston offer pharmaceutical sciences (BSc) and if you get 65% you can swap over first year and DMU (pharmaceutical and cosmetic science), Belfast queens also with some related courses. But personally I feel the transfer is too risky nowadays; half my whole chemistry class first year was full of hopeful pharmacists but it is possible. Liverpool, Nottingham and Manchester also offer a foundation year but they want grades not far off that. If you do get your grades in the end, there will be a clearing spot if you act quick enough.. DMU, Sunderland, LJMU, Medway etc. will have places.
pearl_rose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ahh thanks for that!

So is that the conditions a few years ago for all of them?
cbooth5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No worries : ) yeah, but the grades wont have changed much at all from 2 years ago from what I've heard. Most unis will say three Bs to hold their reputation but the exceptions mentioned will take one or two grades below what they say most of the time if you don't drop it in chemistry I think - there were poeple at ljmu open day who said they got BchemCC BchemBC but they did do well in the interview and aptitude test. Portsmouth is another one but they want ABB, used to have clearing places when I was applying. They're just fussy about the B in chemistry, that should definitely get you a clearing place in the worst case. DMU are fussy about grades (ABB) but usually have clearing places after results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed