Open Relationships & Long Distance Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I've been seing this girl for the last four months and it has been the best relationship I have yet to have to date. The girl is sound as **** and a great looking girl but we are both going to separate uni's.

she's staying in "A" while im moving a few hours away to a "B", far enough to make trips not so easy but still do able. When I sparked the conversation of where does she see us going she turned around and said I dont wanna be your girlfriend for the scared thought that I'd find out something that would break my heart. However I dont wanna stop seeing you.

So long story short she's saying she is doesnt wanna know what I get up to in "B" but she wants to see me and be together whenever I return to "A".

I really like the girl and she knows that but wont change her mind. Have a been blessed with every mans dream scenario or this a test? Part of me would feel so guilty for being with someone else and I know if I found out she had it would crush me but I don't wanna miss out on the whole freshers experience?
HandmadeTurnip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, if I was in your situation, I wouldn't want to get with anyone else regardless.
alpen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
doesn't sound like a perfect girl if she's trying to manipulate you like that, either cut ties or stay committed ffs
Opts
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the dream
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're gonna get mad about her getting with someone else tell her this. If not, enjoy.
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in a similar situation, and its definitely the dream situation, with the one caveat that you both must be grown up enough to truly not care about what the other one gets up to.

In all honesty, by Christmas you'll have both moved on so much with your lives that you'll probably have fallen out of touch, except for the odd sexy times if you meet during the holidays.
twoforjoy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
doesn't sound perfect to me - sounds horrendous! You obviously like her far too much to have her sleeping with other people, and feel too guilty to sleep with others. Tell her if you can't handle it, but it seems like she will break up with you.
I think it will end in tears - yours most likely
Plumstone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A committed, exclusive long distance is perfectly possible if you are genuinely committed.

All I see down the "open relationship" path is either arguments and mistrust or a very casual FWB style relationship.

I couldn't have an open relationship because I wouldn't want to sleep with anyone other than my boyfriend and hate the thought of him with anyone else (he feels the same about me) and I think it would be very difficult for anyone to make it work.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
OK thanks for all the feedback.

I guess its one of those ill find out eventually scenarios :')
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads