Moving to UK. Do you think I'd get a job?

Watch
Contingent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm an aussie who luckily has the opportunity to move to the UK, as I have family in Scotland. I've been for holidays and love hte culture and the people, and would have no regrets in making the move.

By the time I come over I'll have a Law/Business (HR) double degree with a decent GPA. As well as work experience related to my degree.

I'll be coming to scotland on an exchange before I graduate and will network as much as I can, trying to find job openings. Bearing all this in mind do you think I'd be able to get a reasonable job when I come for the move? Or would I have to retrain and go back to uni in the UK?

Cheers,

C
Contingent
Rep:
?
Work in a law firm in some capacity, work in a department doing HR/industrial relations, pretty much anything where I can use my two degrees. And Scotland preferably, but I'd go england if need be
Contingent
Rep:
?
Something in law, or working somewhere with hr or employee relations. or a field where I can apply my skills from those two degrees. Preferably scotland, but would go england if that's where I had to get the work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (809)
42.27%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed