This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
How come they're paying you?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Sorry, think I may have got my wires crossed - the Industrial placement is paying you, not the uni?!
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yup that's it! I WISH i was getting money to go to uni!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I've heard of people being given money to go to unis, by going to one that they can easily get in to lower down the tables, when they could easily get in to a better one.
bumblebee
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I've put down soton as my insurance for computer science as well (ABB). York was my first choice for their excellent 3rd year placement system, but they want an A in maths - hmm, don't think I'll be going there, then. I really liked soton, maybe even more than york, because of the interest they take in their students, and the services they try to provide. i was also really impressed when i went on the interview/induction day. One of the lecturers who was giving us a tour threatened to sing if we didn't ask questions!
We were even given a sandwich/drink pack at the end, cause they said they knew a lot of people had really long journeys home!
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I remember that, bumblebee!
And what about the dolphin shaped biscuits? lol

This guy that threatened to sing...was he the indian one? Or the crazed looking one with thick glasses and a south park tie?

Anyway who knows maybe I'll see you there if you go to your insurance choice.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
yea I may be goin 2 soton 2do chemistry, got an offer for 3Bs, wots soton like for chemistry?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (34)
17%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise