The Student Room Group

What grade did I get in A Level Maths?

I've taken Edexcel Further Maths in the recent exams, but there was no final grade on my results sheet. I'm unsure of what grade I can put down on my UCAS application. These are my UMS scores:

C1: 100
C2: 99
C3: 97
C4: 99
D1: 98
D2: 87

I'm aware that D2 is a further maths module, so did it count towards the modules I need 80% plus in? Or has my school not entered us into not enough exams to get a grade yet? If I haven't completed enough modules, what grade can I put down on my UCAS application?
Reply 1
Looking at that, to me, looks like you've completed a full Mathematics A-level (grade A*). You don't have the required modules for a Further Maths AS (FP1 is missing).

I imagine the reason they haven't given you a complete grade is because you're going to do the Further Maths AS+A2 next year - and the "good" thing about doing this is you can balance the applied modules (decision/stats/mechanics) between both Maths, and Further Maths, in order to give you the best grades.

No expert, but I think that's how it all works out.

Original post by Shezbok
Original post by Nymthae
Looking at that, to me, looks like you've completed a full Mathematics A-level (grade A*). You don't have the required modules for a Further Maths AS (FP1 is missing).

I imagine the reason they haven't given you a complete grade is because you're going to do the Further Maths AS+A2 next year - and the "good" thing about doing this is you can balance the applied modules (decision/stats/mechanics) between both Maths, and Further Maths, in order to give you the best grades.

No expert, but I think that's how it all works out.

Yes, that's correct. For AS maths, you could put grade A, as for AS's you cannot have an A* and they will not be asking for your A2 result even though your A2 result with the last module applied will make it A*
A*

Quick Reply

Latest