furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's a fairly minor thing but I've noticed it a couple of times now and given how slow my internet is it's actually quite annoying When I try to unwatch a thread that's been binned it does work (ie I get put onto the screen saying that I've stopped watching it) but then it takes me onto another one saying that I don't have permission to access the page. I can understand it saying that if someone is trying to view the thread, but the whole point of me watching it is that I don't want to view it and I want to make it stop annoying me in my watched threads and so I don't keep clicking on it by accident (I can understand the message coming up when I do that, obviously).

If a thread or posts have been moved to the recycling bin or whatever would it not be better just to have it so that non-mods can't see the title any more or anything, rather than them being able to see it but not click on it without being given the same message every time? Sorry if I'm just being unnecessarily and annoyingly picky about this, as I say it's not really that important
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by furryface12)
It's a fairly minor thing but I've noticed it a couple of times now and given how slow my internet is it's actually quite annoying When I try to unwatch a thread that's been binned it does work (ie I get put onto the screen saying that I've stopped watching it) but then it takes me onto another one saying that I don't have permission to access the page. I can understand it saying that if someone is trying to view the thread, but the whole point of me watching it is that I don't want to view it and I want to make it stop annoying me in my watched threads and so I don't keep clicking on it by accident (I can understand the message coming up when I do that, obviously).

If a thread or posts have been moved to the recycling bin or whatever would it not be better just to have it so that non-mods can't see the title any more or anything, rather than them being able to see it but not click on it without being given the same message every time? Sorry if I'm just being unnecessarily and annoyingly picky about this, as I say it's not really that important
Yeah, this has been mentioned several times in the past. Just redirecting to the home page would be preferable, or even better, (and this would apply for watching as well as unwatching) dynamically updating the watched threads list without forcing a page load cycle at all - the confirmation could be shown on the page that you're already on..
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
Yeah, this has been mentioned several times in the past. Just redirecting to the home page would be preferable, or even better, (and this would apply for watching as well as unwatching) dynamically updating the watched threads list without forcing a page load cycle at all - the confirmation could be shown on the page that you're already on..
I agree, either of those would definitely be better! Glad I'm not the only one to notice it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (651)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.49%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed