The Student Room Group

The waiting game (guys only)

How long is appropriate.
How long before you lose interest?

Personally I dont mind a girl not giving me the box too quickly
I like a challenge.
for me it also shows that she values her vagina and I can eventually see her more than just a piece of skirt.I can see her as a girlfriend, a lover and a friend and all that lovey dovey lark

For me two to about four months i can live with
After that I will lose interest.Not saying it takes me that long but im speaking solely on basis of relationships,marriage etc.

So how long for you guise

Scroll to see replies

Bumped
Original post by matthewduncan
How long is appropriate.
How long before you lose interest?

Personally I dont mind a girl not giving me the box too quickly
I like a challenge.
for me it also shows that she values her vagina and I can eventually see her more than just a piece of skirt.I can see her as a girlfriend, a lover and a friend and all that lovey dovey lark

For me two to about four months i can live with
After that I will lose interest.Not saying it takes me that long but im speaking solely on basis of relationships,marriage etc.

So how long for you guise

You use some peculiar expressions.
Reply 3
Hopefully on the first date. No point waiting.
2 weeks and thats if she is worth it
I shouldn't have come here. It said guys only. I saw it said guys only. I looked anyway......and now.............I just......wow.
Reply 6
Original post by scarecrowdiploma
I shouldn't have come here. It said guys only. I saw it said guys only. I looked anyway......and now.............I just......wow.

Some people just want to watch the world burn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who can't wait a few months isn't worth it imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone who doesn't want it on the first night is a timewaster.

If you're not going to put out, at least tell me before 9pm so I can organise meeting up with a more interesting girl.
Original post by tengentoppa

lol sorry teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

i agree.
Within reason of course.
Obviously the girl has to do her part by being a prestige piece of beauty.
Original post by tengentoppa

Haha I was just thinking that! I imagined it being said in the voice of Jay from the inbetweeners
2nd date. Any longer and you're wasting time/energy/resources on something that might not happen. Women love dating etc... it's not their time being wasted for no reason esp when they hold all the cards.
Original post by cole-slaw
Anyone who doesn't want it on the first night is a timewaster.

If you're not going to put out, at least tell me before 9pm so I can organise meeting up with a more interesting girl.

Like a true gent :biggrin:

Original post by matthewduncan
i agree.
Within reason of course.
Obviously the girl has to do her part by being a prestige piece of beauty.

I thought that was the default job assigned to women at all times. To stand there and look pretty right?

What is the man's part in all this? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, absolutely. Obvious I would also be courteous to return the favour, if you turned up and were utterly hanging, I would be kind enough to order you an early taxi.

"What shall we order?"

"Well I'm having a steak, and you're having a takeaway pizza on the way home."
Well, absolutely. Obvious I would also be courteous to return the favour, if you turned up and were utterly hanging, I would be kind enough to order you an early taxi.

"What shall we order?"

"Well I'm having a steak, and you're having a takeaway pizza on the way home."

So you meet up with a girl and before you even get to know her personality or anything, the first thing you'd want to know is if she'd sleep with you on the first date? That's a tad desperate don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you meet up with a girl and before you even get to know her personality or anything, the first thing you'd want to know is if she'd sleep with you on the first date? That's a tad desperate don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, no.

What's the point in finding out if she has a great personality if she's not really attracted to you? No point at all.

On the other hand, what's the point in finding out if she's attracted to you before finding out what her personality is like? Well, you get some decent sex while you find out.

So clearly the logical order is that sex comes first, then get to know each other.

TBH, very few girls in real life are not interested after a few drinks so this is rather a moot point. On TSR there is a more old-fashioned vibe; all this "wait until the 3rd date nonsense" that is straight out of the 1950s.
Not really, no.

What's the point in finding out if she has a great personality if she's not really attracted to you? No point at all.

On the other hand, what's the point in finding out if she's attracted to you before finding out what her personality is like? Well, you get some decent sex while you find out.

So clearly the logical order is that sex comes first, then get to know each other.

TBH, very few girls in real life are not interested after a few drinks so this is rather a moot point. On TSR there is a more old-fashioned vibe; all this "wait until the 3rd date nonsense" that is straight out of the 1950s.

Just because she's delaying sex doesn't mean she's not attracted to you, not at all.

The truth of the matter is that many guys aren't looking for relationships and just want a 'pump and dump' with girls and they pretend that you're their world or that they'd wait forever for you just to make you weak at the knees and give into their advances. After sex, you'd be lucky if they even returned your calls.

This phenomenon is a lot more common than you think so this obviously makes some girls conscious and delay the sex for a bit to see if he's for real. That's the way I see it, at least for non religious types.

If a guy really cared about you anyway, a few months without sex with you wouldn't faze him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just because she's delaying sex doesn't mean she's not attracted to you, not at all.

I find that hard to believe.

The truth of the matter is that many guys aren't looking for relationships and just want a 'pump and dump' with girls and they pretend that you're their world or that they'd wait forever for you just to make you weak at the knees and give into their advances. After sex, you'd be lucky if they even returned your calls.

You know what, I don't think this is nearly as prevalent as you make out, certainly not by the time people reach university age. 16 year old lads who are not interested in a relationship, perhaps you're right.

If they're really lovely to you to start with, its because they're trying to impress you and are giving you a chance to impress them. If they subsequently dump you, its because you haven't impressed them. Its not that they don't want a relationship, its because they have decided that on reflection they don't want a relationship with you.

I can see why girls would find this hard to take and would prefer to believe that the guy was just a dick who was only ever out to use them.

I've broken up with girls after sex. it wasn't that I had "got what I was looking for at all", I actually had high hopes. Sadly, after having sex I realised we were not compatible.

This phenomenon is a lot more common than you think so this obviously makes some girls conscious and delay the sex for a bit to see if he's for real. That's the way I see it, at least for non religious types.

If a guy really cared about you anyway, a few months without sex with you wouldn't faze him.

Nah. Only a desperate guy with no other options would wait that long. NOT the kind of guy you're going to be happy dating. To get the real catches, you have to move fast.

This is genuine advice, I'm not winding you up.

I thought that was the default job assigned to women at all times. To stand there and look pretty right?

What is the man's part in all this? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn right.

What is the man's part in all this?

To provide for and protect thee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending