The Student Room Group

Is it possible to jump 2 grades at A2

I had disapointing AS grades (DDD) in Bio, Chem and Health and Social care
(Did not do Unit2 bio and chem exams cause i was ill.)

and i want to get BBB at least at A2, do you think this is unrealistic? I will do retakes
Helpp?? :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by SamJama

and i want to get BBB at least at A2, do you think this is unrealistic? I will do retakes

It would be with the hell of a lot of work.

What health and social spec did you do?
I did Biology A Level and got a (high) D at AS. Retook all units (incl. practical) and worked a million times harder at A2.

Ended with a (low) B. Teachers were shocked. So happy I didn't give up

:smile:
Reply 3
More than possible :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by SamJama

Yes you can. Today we a principal talk and he was showing what people got in the AS compared to A2. i'd say 20%~ each time had gone up 2 grades from the lower grades and at the higher end it was about 10%~.

Work hard and you'll get the results!
I did; I got a C in Alevel English and after resitting the exam ended up with an A overall
However I got a D in Biology and only went up to a C despite all my hard work :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Parkleton
I did; I got a C in Alevel English and after resitting the exam ended up with an A overall
However I got a D in Biology and only went up to a C despite all my hard work :frown:

Its just that I want to retake 4 exams and i think that is a bit too much on top of everything else
Reply 7
Original post by 8472
Yes you can. Today we a principal talk and he was showing what people got in the AS compared to A2. i'd say 20%~ each time had gone up 2 grades from the lower grades and at the higher end it was about 10%~.

Thank youu, I will work very hard
Reply 8
Original post by Comeback
I did Biology A Level and got a (high) D at AS. Retook all units (incl. practical) and worked a million times harder at A2.

Ended with a (low) B. Teachers were shocked. So happy I didn't give up

:smile:

Thanksss, thats very encouraging :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by SamJama
Thank youu, I will work very hard

No problem. Let me knows if you need anything. :hat2:
Reply 10
Original post by emmakid
It would be with the hell of a lot of work.

What health and social spec did you do?

I know, and Edexcel
Original post by 8472

Whats the strategy? Got C in bio C in phy and B in chem in AS. What should I do? Please I need your help
Original post by 8472

Whats the strategy? I got C in bio, C in phy, B in chem in AS. What to do? Pls advice. I want an A grade in 3 subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest