Daniel231995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

After reading some other freshers threads, I thought I would create this for those spending the first year at Fairfax House. Hopefully we can generate some discussion, before the 28th move-in date, and subsequently get to know each other in the process.

My name is Dan, and I am studying mathematics. What is everyone else's expectations and hopes for the first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohlalanats
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Dan, I'm Nathalie and I'm in Fairfax House too! I'm studying History. Are you in the facebook group for Fairfax house?
I'm hoping that I like it in York as I got in through Clearing and haven't actually visited yet. But I'm always open to starting somewhere completely new so I'm looking forward to it
Daniel231995
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I am indeed. York is a beautiful city, certainly one of my favourites in the UK. I am sure you will love it as there is something for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
susanwho
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm Susan, I'm in Fairfax! I'm studying Art History I'm really looking forward to moving in, the freshers week events seem like they should be good fun!
ohlalanats
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey Susan! I can't wait either, Vanbrugh have organised some amaazing events! What room are you in?
DanFairfax
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone, I'm Dan, one of your tutors here in Fairfax. If you haven't, of course join the facebook group and you're right to be looking forward to starting

As a bit of a side point, remember not to put your room number on this site, as anyone can read it.... Anyone!

See you soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of York
    October Visit Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of York
    October Visit Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads