Jbot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi there.
Sorry if this has already been asked but.. my school has sent my maths papers off for a remark. How close does this mean I was to the next grade boundary?
Also..they sent it off last week, how long does it take for a response from the exam board?

Thanks.
Jbot
Rep:
?
But how long does it usually take?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jbot)
But how long does it usually take?
There is no exact time. Usually a couple of weeks though.
Its_Tito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends how urgent it was, some schools or individuals pay extra to get quick responses however they can take up to a month. Just sit tight and hopefully you'll make it into the next grade boundary, nothing you can do to change it now so why bother worrying?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Its_Tito)
It depends how urgent it was, some schools or individuals pay extra to get quick responses
You can't do this at GCSE - it is only possible at A level for the week after the results come out.
Its_Tito
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
You can't do this at GCSE - it is only possible at A level for the week after the results come out.
When I got my results for my 4 year 10 exams a couple of weeks ago that was one of the choices on the remark sheet...maybe I was mistaken?

Apologies if this is false information
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I got my results for my 4 year 10 exams a couple of weeks ago that was one of the choices on the remark sheet...maybe I was mistaken?

Apologies if this is false information
It was probably there because they use the same words for all years but it is only available for students who need a quick A level re-mark to secure a university place.
Its_Tito
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was probably there because they use the same words for all years but it is only available for students who need a quick A level re-mark to secure a university place.
It said you could get a quick remark to secure a college, sixth form or university place. I would doubt they would use the same words on days that are a week apart from each other on completely different colour and layout forms?
Jbot
Rep:
?
Thanks for the responses. I'm not worried about the time just wondering.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It said you could get a quick remark to secure a college, sixth form or university place. I would doubt they would use the same words on days that are a week apart from each other on completely different colour and layout forms?
In that case your exams office has made a mistake. When ordering re-marks on exam board websites priority re-marks are only an option for A level units.
Its_Tito
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In that case your exams office has made a mistake. When ordering re-marks on exam board websites priority re-marks are only an option for A level units.
I doubt they would've made a mistake on hundreds/thousands applications? I know people that got remarks within like a week...
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I doubt they would've made a mistake on hundreds/thousands applications? I know people that got remarks within like a week...
Edexcel routinely complete normal re-marks in under 2 days so this isn't surprising.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.62%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.49%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (100)
21.28%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.21%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed