lizmoo0721
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am filling out my UCAS form and came across a problem.
At my secondary school I took ICT as a compulsory subject and also took it as an option.

When I took the option I was told that it would equate to 4 GCSE's. And I have ended up with 3 certificates and not sure where to put this in UCAS.

The first certificate is

name.... Has Been Awarded the following units from the OCR Level 2 National Certificate in ICT
ICT skills for business - Distinction
Webpage creation - Distinction
Work Experience in ICT- Pass
Creating computer graphics - Pass

The above information is for the compulsory ICT

The next certificate states

name..... Has Been Awarded the following units from the OCR Level 2 National Certificate in ICT
Digital Imaging - plan and produce computer graphics - Distinction
Design and produce interactive multimedia product - Distinction
Desktop Publishing - Distinction
Creating video - Merit

Lastly I have a certificate

name.... Has Been Awarded OCR Level 2 National First Certificate in ICT

Distinction

Which is a vocationally related qualification. The components of this qualification have been notified on separately issued certificates. But I'm not sure which one this is on.

My question. Do I just put one gcse as ICT, two one as compulsory and option or do I put the 8 separate.

If you are still here reading, thanks for reading my long confusing question. If i haven't explained it properly feel free to ask me some questions as I would like to put my UCAS application through as soon as possible.

Nymthae
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Can you not see a selection for National Certificate of ICT? OCR National Certificate or something, with the subject as ICT. Might just be best under the 'other qualifications not listed [here]', if that's still there. I think there should be something which says OCR First National Award as well, which is probably the last thing you mentioned.
lizmoo0721
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I can see National Certificate of ICT, but I cannot find National Award
Do you think i should enter this as other? Also do I add the award as 4 separate grades?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads