LuckyIori
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello everyone.

First day back at school today and I just can't get things out of my head. Year 11 has come by so fast and I just don't know what to do. I got my results today for an ICT exam that I took in the summer and I got a B. It was the first time I received a result for a GCSE and I was really shocked since I wanted an A and was only 6 marks away. This has had me down since the first lesson and I feel that I can't achieve anything right now. I know that this is very stupid of me since I have at the least passed but I really want to study medicine when I'm older and I feel that this B will stop me from getting into medicine. My careers advisor at school was telling me that I need to have an A in every GCSE I take and have AAA at A-levels. But what I also wanted was some revision techniques and some guidance for the next year. What should I be doing at the moment? Revision? Relaxing? And where the best environments are to study? I know that I should find my own way of revising but the best I can do is read a revision book over and over. I have 6 GCSE's left this year and they are:

- Maths (Edexcel)
- English (AQA)
- Core Science (Just changed to AQA from OCR)
- Additional Science
- Spanish
- And Creative Media

I want an A or higher in all of these remaining subjects. I need to a lot of revision on Maths and Spanish. My school has cancelled Extended Science (P5 P6, C5, C6, B5, B6) for some unknown reason, possibly due to people not taking it seriously and so I have lost out on one GCSE that I chose as an option. I just want to know what my priorities should be at the moment. Honestly I feel really stressed and uncomfortable as I feel that my time is ticking fast. I am the oldest of five children and my home is usually quite noisy as my younger brothers are very mischievous.

Please let me know what grades you had achieved at GCSE (if you don't mind) and how you did it? How long did you spend studying? When did you start? How did you split up your time and what should I be doing right now? I just have this uneasy feeling and I want to get ride of it. Oh and if you wanted to know then for every subject my target is an A.

Thank you very much in advance!
Rachell22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally, I didn't do any revision until about a week before exams, and most of my revision was just the day before :/ You probably shouldn't leave it that late, but I doubt you need to start revising before Easter. One thing I did that I would definitely recommend would be REVISE FOR MOCKS. It'll make revision later way easier because you'll actually know the stuff. I found mind maps helped but it's different for everyone. Good luck for the next year and don't stress, GCSEs aren't as hard as you think
Chloephilips98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most subjects do end of unit tests in class, make sure you study for the. As you go along as this might make it easier when it comes to the real thing. I got an A in history, core science, and additional science (I did double) a b in English lit and language and a b in art, I got a C in business and a C in maths and a D in French, I dint wanna go into medicine like you do, but the main thing to do is start revision early I'm talking like March time for your real thing. I'm currently doing a level history english language, chemistry and biology, but gunna drop chem for English lit, chem is so hard. good luck and trust me it will be stressful in May and June next year but it'll be worth it, if u work hard and get those A's I'm sure if u get like a*s as well that will balance out the B in IT.
xPhoebex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got 3A* 7A and a B and I started revising about a month before my exams but only about an hour a night - try revising in shirt bursts so you don't bore yourself. I don't want to go into medicine but having good GCSES can open many doors, I've just started college now to do maths, biology, chemistry and geography don't stress about your GCSES find the way you learn best whether it's repetition, mindmaps posters anything just stick to it hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.97%
No (52)
22.22%
Not sure (44)
18.8%

Watched Threads