The Student Room Group

Applying to King's College and Oxford 2015. What's my chances?

Hi,
I am applying to King's College for English Law and French Law which requires an A*AA at A-Level and Law and French Law at Oxford which requires an AAA.

My GCSE's were good; 2xA* and 7xA
But my AS-Levels were uncharacteristically average for me due to unfortunate home circumstances out of my control: BBC

I plan to repeat the exams and bring them up to A's, which I know is achievable for me. But what are my chances of receiving an offer from these universities due to my average AS's?

Also how big a part does the LNAT play in receiving an offer from the universities as I am hoping a great score on that may improve my chances.

Please feel free to offer me any other advice regarding my application!
Thanks!
Oxford - No chance.

I don't know about King's but I highly doubt you'd stand a chance there too, for the time being.
Reply 2
Hi. I'm also a Law applicant for 2015 entry.

If I could give you some unqualified advice, I'd suggest the following:

Please take TSR users advice with a pinch of salt. Matters such as these are complicated and typically the average poster who is advising you on Oxbridge will never have had experience applying there or applying there with mitigating circumstances such as yours.

I. It would be a good idea to phone one of the Colleges you attend on applying to and explaining the situation with regards to the problems you have been facing. Speaking to your schools tutors would also help.

II. You need to make sure to speak to a doctor and make sure your tutor has mentioned these circumstances in the form.

III. The LNAT is a assessment of potential for studying the Law course. Providing you achieve reasonably well this should work to your favour. If you achieve 29 when the average mark is 19 reflects the credibility that your AS results are not an accurate portrayal.

IIII. Gluck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending