The Student Room Group

Tracking Box? Normal?

I arranged Tesco insurance for my first UK car, and arranged for the box to be fitted at the dealer for when I picked it up. I thought it would be something hidden away somewhere, but when I collected it, the box is huge in the front passenger footwell. My dad came with me and he couldn't put his feet down. Is this usual? The dealer staff found it amusing but said it was normal.
(edited 9 years ago)
No, you can get a little black box which goes or may even connect to the engine. The link below has a picture of it.
http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/black-box-could-bring-cheaper-car-insurance_46547
Reply 2
Original post by Adammartin95
No, you can get a little black box which goes or may even connect to the engine. The link below has a picture of it.
http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/black-box-could-bring-cheaper-car-insurance_46547

That's tiny! My one is the size of two shoeboxes, under the front passenger carpet.
Reply 3
I would contact Tesco and ask why it's so big as the one they had fitted in mine is behind the glove box.

Unless it's the guys in the dealership playing a prank?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yep that's not normal mate mine is out of sight. In fact I don't even know where it is so there you have it. Get that changed! bloody outrage that.
Reply 5
It seems tesco's young drivers insurance is managed by " Insure The Box" who say "The in-tele-box is about the size of a smart phone"

post a picture up? it might be something else.
Reply 6
Mine wasn't visible, they put it behind my dash board I think. It shouldn't impact upon the comfort of your passengers. I would ring.
Original post by XMaramena
I arranged Tesco insurance for my first UK car, and arranged for the box to be fitted at the dealer for when I picked it up. I thought it would be something hidden away somewhere, but when I collected it, the box is huge in the front passenger footwell. My dad came with me and he couldn't put his feet down. Is this usual? The dealer staff found it amusing but said it was normal.

Pics? I can't believe this is true otherwise.
Reply 8
Original post by Runninground
Pics? I can't believe this is true otherwise.

Already explained in another thread a little while back - it was just an empty plastic box that some joker had suck there from the dealership. It was infuriating at the time, but now I can see the funny side of it. I got a full refund from both dealership and insurance, and I'm leasing a corsa now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending