Traveling or moving which is better?

Watch
zarabrowne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi
Can you please identify what is the better and more logical option from my situation as I'm unsure. I start university end of September. It's about 45 min drive away from me (I live in Bournemouth and it's southampton uni) so I either continue living in Bournemouth and travel to Southampton or live in Southampton and pay full rent. Ideally id like to stay close to my family.

It's £12 a return every day and probably just over that in petrol going there and back (I have a 4.6 car that I'm thinking of selling and buying a smaller one) I am unsure how many days a week I have lectures yet. I also have to pay my mum 20 a week rent if I continue living here. However this covers everything including all food and meals and toiletries.

So if I had lectures 4 days a week that's £48 on the train and £20 to my mum which amounts to £68 outgoings a week and 272 a month. Currently I get 550 student loan and grant (that's with my travel bursary divided and added too)

I'm sure rent in a shared house would be similar to that amount plus the added expense of food bills toiletries etc or would it not?

Someone advise me please

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (185)
28.95%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.59%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.08%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.45%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.98%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (127)
19.87%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.95%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed