The Student Room Group

Job Searching

Hi,
I'm going to turn sixteen in a week and I would like to get a job pretty soon after that. Where are some good places for younger people/ 16 year olds to work?
Reply 1
I work at Tescos and they took me on at 16 with no past experience, and McDonalds invited me for an interview too, but most places don't take you on until you're at school leaving age, which is when you've finished your exams at the end of year 11, so you might have to wait until then. Have a look at any pub/restaurant places where you live, because i know a lot of girls in my year got jobs as waitresses, but the pay can be pretty terrible. You could still just ring up and ask though. Sorry if that wasn't much help :/
Reply 2
Original post by Rachell22
I work at Tescos and they took me on at 16 with no past experience, and McDonalds invited me for an interview too, but most places don't take you on until you're at school leaving age, which is when you've finished your exams at the end of year 11, so you might have to wait until then. Have a look at any pub/restaurant places where you live, because i know a lot of girls in my year got jobs as waitresses, but the pay can be pretty terrible. You could still just ring up and ask though. Sorry if that wasn't much help :/

That was helpful thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by Eiknarf233
That was helpful thank you!

You're welcome, good luck finding a job!
Hi,
I'm going to turn sixteen in a week and I would like to get a job pretty soon after that. Where are some good places for younger people/ 16 year olds to work?

Hi,

paperround would be an easy option at your age. could try handing your cv around to places, worth figuring out which places tend to hire younger people
Hi,

Try paper rounds, cafes, restaurants etc.
Shops are worth trying as well, especially the smaller less well known ones (i.e. not big chains).
I know mcdonalds dont take people on until they have finished their exams at the end of year 11. Some other places (mainly big chains) might be like that as well, but its worth a try.
Just ring up or send your CV to everywhere that will accept it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending