The Student Room Group

Resitting AS exams alongside A2 ones

I got 2 Ds in both my biology exams, both fairly high about 5/6 marks off a C on both exams, as i wasnt so far away from a C, i wanted to know if i can do the AS exams with the A2 exams this year.
If it is possible for me to do this, could you tell me how difficult it would to do this, and would i be able to get a grade B overall??
Reply 1
Original post by JoinTSRForFree
I got 2 Ds in both my biology exams, both fairly high about 5/6 marks off a C on both exams, as i wasnt so far away from a C, i wanted to know if i can do the AS exams with the A2 exams this year.
If it is possible for me to do this, could you tell me how difficult it would to do this, and would i be able to get a grade B overall??

It is possible to do AS exams alongside A2 exams. I'm doing it. You just need to be organised and work hard. :smile:

Ask your teachers if there isn't anything you understand. Ask again if you still don't understand it. They are there for YOU!
Original post by 8472
It is possible to do AS exams alongside A2 exams. I'm doing it. You just need to be organised and work hard. :smile:

Ask your teachers if there isn't anything you understand. Ask again if you still don't understand it. They are there for YOU!

How much hours of work for biology do you think that i am going to need to put in a week, because normally they say 5 hours of your own time is enough for a subject, but i know this will not be enough for AS and A2 together.
Thanks for your help:smile:
Reply 3
How much hours of work for biology do you think that i am going to need to put in a week, because normally they say 5 hours of your own time is enough for a subject. Thanks for your help:smile:

I don't do biology so can't exactly say. I know there is a lot of learning to do for it. My college says 3 hours private study per subject per week. However it varies. Do as much as you need for you to be comfortable with the subject.

Setup a timetable/plan and stick to it for a few weeks. If you're improving as you'd like.. keep to it, if not change it and put in more time for biology.

Hopefully as you do A2 some of the first year concepts and ideas will be made easier. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

It's possible, I did this last year and ended up going from a low E to an A. It's easier to understand AS concepts once you've done A2. It's not that hard, you just have organise your time properly and have a revision timetable in place. I started revising the AS info around January and once I did that, I did a lot of past papers. Well, it all depends on the UMS and all and what grade your course work is (If you do Edexcel?)
Original post by 8472
I don't do biology so can't exactly say. I know there is a lot of learning to do for it. My college says 3 hours private study per subject per week. However it varies. Do as much as you need for you to be comfortable with the subject.

Setup a timetable/plan and stick to it for a few weeks. If you're improving as you'd like keep to, if not change it and put in more time for biology.

Hopefully as you do A2 some of the first year concepts and ideas will be made easier. :smile:

I shall do exactly that, and yeah my teacher also said that studying A2 will help me on some areas of the AS syllabus.
Original post by Youni-chan
It's possible, I did this last year and ended up going from a low E to an A. It's easier to understand AS concepts once you've done A2. It's not that hard, you just have organise your time properly and have a revision timetable in place. I started revising the AS info around January and once I did that, I did a lot of past papers. Well, it all depends on the UMS and all and what grade your course work is (If you do Edexcel?)

So you got an E in AS and then an A overall(AS&A2) after you resat the exams?? 4/5 months is enough time to cover the whole of the AS syllabus? I do the OCR Biology course, my coursework wasnt too bad, it was at mid C.

Quick Reply

Latest