The Student Room Group

Has anyone taken physics, maths biology AND chemistry for thier Alevels? Is it doable

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did those subjects at AS and got 4A's then dropped physics for A2 and messed up a little due to various reasons and got ABB at A level. However my ridiculously smart friend carried on with all 4 and general studies and finished with 5A*s for his A2 grades. Its really down to how smart you are and mostly the amount of work you put in.

But to put it simply, yes it is doable! :smile:

Yes, and computing and further maths on top of those.

Only maths, further maths and physics to full A2 though.
Original post by JDJ714
I did those subjects at AS and got 4A's then dropped physics for A2 and messed up a little due to various reasons and got ABB at A level. However my ridiculously smart friend carried on with all 4 and general studies and finished with 5A*s for his A2 grades. Its really down to how smart you are and mostly the amount of work you put in.

But to put it simply, yes it is doable! :smile:

AAB is great well done! Everyone i know is trying to push me away from doing 3 sciences and a maths :^/ so like how did you cope during AS ? Any tips? since you got 4As and thay the grades im hoping for !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheIrrational

Only maths, further maths and physics to full A2 though.

Woah thats alot!! How did you manage ? How much work should i put in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by trianglelifx
AAB is great well done! Everyone i know is trying to push me away from doing 3 sciences and a maths :^/ so like how did you cope during AS ? Any tips? since you got 4As and thay the grades im hoping for !

If that's what you enjoy and you're interested in it then go for it! I certainly don't regret doing it!

Tips:
Definitely stay on top of the work, particularly in maths where you need to know stuff you learnt earlier later on in another module or chapter.
Make sure to work hard in the first year, If I didn't get the great grades in the first year I wouldn't have done so well. It's nice to go into A2 (where the content is definitely harder) with a high UMS in your subjects.
Yeah if its whats you want, go for it
Original post by JDJ714
If that's what you enjoy and you're interested in it then go for it! I certainly don't regret doing it!

Tips:
Definitely stay on top of the work, particularly in maths where you need to know stuff you learnt earlier later on in another module or chapter.
Make sure to work hard in the first year, If I didn't get the great grades in the first year I wouldn't have done so well. It's nice to go into A2 (where the content is definitely harder) with a high UMS in your subjects.

I"ll try! Btw did you do WJEC? And by when did you know everything for your exams?
Reply 9
Hi, my friend took Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at AS and achieved AABBC, so yes it is possible and yes it has been done.
Reply 10
Original post by trianglelifx
I"ll try! Btw did you do WJEC? And by when did you know everything for your exams?

Nah I was OCR and AQA. It was probably about 3-4 weeks before the exams when we had finished being taught all of the content, you need to start revising before you've finished the course which feels a little weird!

of course it's possible, lots of people at my school are doing the three sciences and maths (including me :tongue: ) some people even do further maths on top of all that (like I was planning to, but decided that I'd be crazy to even try :tongue: and I know a few at my school who also do a fifth subject (like a language) also
Yep I did an English at AS, biology chemistry and physics at A2, and taught myself the maths A level in the second year.
Trust me, it's possible. :P

I know three people in my year who did maths, further maths, biology, physics and chemistry all to A2 and came out with mostly A*s, sooooo
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took all of them and Economics for AS. At A2 I dropped physics and was left with Maths, Bio, Chem and Economics . I found it doable.
Original post by pryngles
Hi, my friend took Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at AS and achieved AABBC, so yes it is possible and yes it has been done.

Thats great to hear !
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FutureHeartSurg
I took all of them and Economics for AS. At A2 I dropped physics and was left with Maths, Bio, Chem and Economics . I found it doable.

Thats alot ! So do you have any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EvilAligator
Yep I did an English at AS, biology chemistry and physics at A2, and taught myself the maths A level in the second year.
Trust me, it's possible. :P

I know three people in my year who did maths, further maths, biology, physics and chemistry all to A2 and came out with mostly A*s, sooooo
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its really nice hearing its doable! :smile: but i would appreciate some tips very much! So how should i work during the year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I did all of those to A2 and found it very manageable.
Original post by happysmile
of course it's possible, lots of people at my school are doing the three sciences and maths (including me :tongue: ) some people even do further maths on top of all that (like I was planning to, but decided that I'd be crazy to even try :tongue: and I know a few at my school who also do a fifth subject (like a language) also

:smile: yay how did yoy work during the year with homework and free lessons etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
more than doable. If your intelligent enough and you work hard then there is no reason why you shouldn't get close to full UMS if not full UMS in each subject :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest