jebbadiah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I had my filter interview today for flight ops officer but was told my qualifications arnt sufficient enough for me to continue, I've got a degree at 2:1 and I have my maths and English GCSE grade A, these are the qualification requirements it says online and on the paperwork I received and i also had a filter interview for ABM last year and there ware no problems with my qualifications then!

Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems or if anyone knows of any recent changes regarding qualifications as I'm totally confused by it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how many UCAS points doe you have at what types and grades of levle 3 qualification generate those UCAS points ...
jebbadiah
Rep:
?
I don't have any level 3s

Posted from TSR Mobile
jannisjr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A levels? I thought officer was 2 A-levels with grades A-C (or their equivalents).

Whats the degree in?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You need the A levels. But talk to the AFCO, they might be able to help you in that you can send off to OASC saying that since you have a degree you may be able to waive the A levels...but don't count on it.
Advertisement
jebbadiah
Rep:
?
My degree is in animation.

I'm just confused as it says "alternatively if you have a degree at 2:2 or higher you only need mathematics and English language at grade C.." Doesn't mention A levels with a degree, and more confused as to why it was fine last year for my filter interview but not this year.

I'll give the AFCO a bell tomorrow before deciding what to do next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jebbadiah)
My degree is in animation.

I'm just confused as it says "alternatively if you have a degree at 2:2 or higher you only need mathematics and English language at grade C.." Doesn't mention A levels with a degree, and more confused as to why it was fine last year for my filter interview but not this year.

I'll give the AFCO a bell tomorrow before deciding what to do next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"You will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or acceptable equivalents) at a minimum of grade C, including English Language and Mathematics or 5 Scottish National Equivalent (SNE) grades at a minimum of grade 5, including English Language and Mathematics. In addition, you need at least 2 A2 Levels/3 Highers at grade C or above (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) which must total a minimum of 160 UCAS points. Alternatively, if you hold a UK degree at grade 2:2 or higher (or acceptable alternative) you only need Mathematics and English Language GCSEs at a minimum of grade C or Mathematics and English Language SNE at a minimum of grade 5."

My interpretation of that is that you don't need A-levels. Take that in with you and speak to someone different, it used to be that you needed A-levels full stop but maybe the Cpl you spoke to isn't aware of the latest requirements or has made an error.
Advertisement
jebbadiah
Rep:
?
I rang the careers line who confirmed I am eligible for the role with my qualifications and then rang the AFCO and spoke to the corporal who told me he has already had confirmation that I was eligible, but he wasn't goin to tell me till next week! So their mistake cost me £60 (travelodge and petrol) and could of cost me £120 if I had sent off for a replacement certificate aswell which they wrongly said I needed! So not very happy about it but not much I can do really lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jannisjr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A lot of the process is like that i'm afraid. You're one of thousands applying, they hold all the cards. You just gotta jump through all the hoops and hope for the best.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (674)
33.63%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (854)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise