nerdygeek101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anyone going to this day thing at Imperial College? Has anyone been? Is it worth it? And also if you're going this year, are you going alone?
ashliy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I went to Potmed a couple years ago and it definitely helped me a lot! It's run by med students at Imperial so they know exactly what you're going through with the whole application process. It was a one day thing with talks from students at different med schools, campus tour of imperial, bmat/ukcat practice. There was also a personal statement clinic where someone went through with you on a one-to-one basis your PS and gave you advice etc. For me personally the most useful part was the mock interview cos I was so nervous about it beforehand but actually it was okay as they ask you a range of different things that can realistically come up for an actual med school interview and give you feedback on your performance and tips on how to answer best. They did a session on medical ethics which again was quite useful- showing examples of how to apply the principles and again linking that to how you would answer a medical ethics question in an interview.

So on the whole there was quite a lot packed in to the day and considering it was only £20 when i went, I'd say it was pretty good value cos I remember searching for courses to attend and some were ridiculously pricey! I'm sure other people can share their experience of the course on here too, but from a personal opinion I'd say it was well worth it. Nothing to lose!
k9123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Went to potmed last year! It was really well organised and got some great application tips. I'd definitely recommend going
Diannacephalon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ooh sounds good! I wanna attend! I'm applying to Medschool this year- it's my dream to get into Imperial!! How do I get a ticket?
nadoothy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I went to PotMed I just bought tickets from their website. Just google PotMed Imperial and it should come up. Tbf they had speakers from other unis too when i went so its not just an imperial thing. good luck with your application, Imperial is defo the best, good choice :')
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (58)
11.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (60)
11.93%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (22)
4.37%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.54%
Financial worries (30)
5.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.36%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.98%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (49)
9.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed