Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK i am a little confused about the multiple choice exams. This is for GCSE AQA double science.

In the chemistry multiple choice module i got 38/50

which was 2 marks away from an A grade, which obviously means i got a B grade. 45 and over is an A*.

My next chemistry module is module 6, so if i get full marks on this which is 50/50. MY chemstry grade will go higher.

so if i add 38 to 50 it equals 88 whereas an A* is 90+ for Chemistry module..

What i want to ask is can i make these two marks up, in my biology module or does'nt it work that way?

ReputationRep:
    yes, you get 3 grades from the 3 exams then they find the average and give you 2 of them for you result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish)
    OK i am a little confused about the multiple choice exams. This is for GCSE AQA double science.

In the chemistry multiple choice module i got 38/50

which was 2 marks away from an A grade, which obviously means i got a B grade. 45 and over is an A*.

My next chemistry module is module 6, so if i get full marks on this which is 50/50. MY chemstry grade will go higher.

so if i add 38 to 50 it equals 88 whereas an A* is 90+ for Chemistry module..

What i want to ask is can i make these two marks up, in my biology module or does'nt it work that way?
    Of course, it's science not biology, physics and chemistry. Although getting 50/50 is very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    So if overall you got an A for chemistry

An A for physics

And a B for Biology. It would be worked out to be

AA for double science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish)
    So if overall you got an A for chemistry

An A for physics

And a B for Biology. It would be worked out to be

AA for double science?
    No it depends. They are not seperate, so you wont get an A for physics but you can get an A for one physics module.

If you got say 40 (just an A) for 2 phy and 40 for 2 chem and 35 for 2 biology then you'd get overall grades of BB.

Add all six up and divide by six.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.