Amazon prime: worth it? Watch

blooosheep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys I have Netflix at the moment. UK Netflix isn't great with TV shows etc. so I was wondering if amazon prime was any good or is it like Netflix? Does anyone have it? I'm tempted as they have a student deal of £40 a year for their one day delivery, e book library and TV shows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
.JJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Download the Hola extension, if you're on chrome. Might work on other browsers but I haven't tested it yet. Unlocks the American Netflix, as well as other stuff that I haven't used, I think.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blooosheep)
Hey guys I have Netflix at the moment. UK Netflix isn't great with TV shows etc. so I was wondering if amazon prime was any good or is it like Netflix? Does anyone have it? I'm tempted as they have a student deal of £40 a year for their one day delivery, e book library and TV shows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends, do you buy a lot of things from amazon? If not, whats the point realistically, if you order a lot it would make sense, especially those who buy literally loads, like all their shopping is via amazon, like 100+ a year, the breakdown would be about 40p and less for next day delivery.
Luckily for some unknown reason, I get free next day delivery from ebuyer.
Rosasaurr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I used to have lovefilm and I cancelled my account when it became prime. It just went really difficult to use and the layout didn't make sense.

IIRC the content was kinda pants too - Netflix has WAY more. When I got Netflix I was like a kid in a sweet shop, honestly, unless you're gonna use the free delivery it's not worth it IMO.
41b
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Amazon is second to none for a lot of things and decent for others. I just got the student offer you mentioned and a refund on my previous prime membership. Cheers
blooosheep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks for the input guys

(Original post by .JJ)
Download the Hola extension, if you're on chrome. Might work on other browsers but I haven't tested it yet. Unlocks the American Netflix, as well as other stuff that I haven't used, I think.
Well, my sister pays for Netflix, and she used to use the Hola extension, but now she's been banned from the american Netflix D:

(Original post by 41b)
Amazon is second to none for a lot of things and decent for others. I just got the student offer you mentioned and a refund on my previous prime membership. Cheers
No problem Do you use their video service? I'm just wondering, will it have shows like Arrested Development, or parks and recreation? I mainly watch sitcoms, and Netflix doesn't have many of the american sitcoms.
Howbeit
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They offer me a free trial every other week so...
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No problem Do you use their video service? I'm just wondering, will it have shows like Arrested Development, or parks and recreation? I mainly watch sitcoms, and Netflix doesn't have many of the american sitcoms.
It definitely has at least season one of Parks and Rec, because I'm currently watching it (well, not at this exact moment, but I'm in the middle of the season).
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends how much you buy from amazon, can be worth it if you buy a lot, think they offer a trial at the moment.
41b
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for the input guys

Well, my sister pays for Netflix, and she used to use the Hola extension, but now she's been banned from the american Netflix D:

I used to when I used my Xbox One. It was a good service, better than Netflix for usability. It had about the same content, but much more varied.

Honestly I don't remember if it had AD, I watched all of them on Netflix when they came out. But it had a fair number of good movies.

I'm glad I got the student thing. I don't waste my time on light entertainment these days and I wish Amazon offered a prime without the video service.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Comparison of the two services:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/d...iew-streaming/

Basically Netflix seems better as it has several times as much content and can be used on a wider variety of devices.

To me, Amazon Prime is only worth getting if you primarily want next day delivery a lot and the streaming service is just an added extra, rather than the other way around.
41b
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It has much more low value content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (229)
72.24%
Jeremy Hunt (88)
27.76%

Watched Threads