The Student Room Group

Anyone been through as assessment centre for PWC's 2015 intake?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by legolas_09
Hi im applying for 2016 intake - How many bars do you have to achieve in the Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Tests in the on line assessments?

For the Numerical Test I received 5 , but for the Verbal Reasoning I received 3 :frown:
Is that good enough to progress onto the AC?

I got onto the AC either with below average or average on Numerical and above average on Verbal Reasoning. So it is possible :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by reckless_llama
Hey, I have an assessment centre in Belfast on Wednesday and got the same brief as you. Where's yours?

Hey there reckless_llama, I have the AC in Belfast tomorrow too... I'm so nervous!
I wanted to ask you if you got a telephone interview before getting through to the AC... I didn't and I'm trying to find out if it's just because Belfast's recruitment process is different.
Reply 42
Hey, I have an assessment centre in Belfast on Wednesday and got the same brief as you. Where's yours?

And also, what did you apply for?
Original post by prue_ap
And also, what did you apply for?

I didn't get a telephone interview either!

I applied for the Talent Academy (all business areas) April 2016.

I guess I'll see you tomorrow :smile:

-RL
Reply 44
I didn't get a telephone interview either!

I applied for the Talent Academy (all business areas) April 2016.

I guess I'll see you tomorrow :smile:

-RL

I applied for that too :smile: Yeah I'll see you then... quick question though, there's no interview tomorrow is there? I'm definitely not prepared for one!
Original post by prue_ap
I applied for that too :smile: Yeah I'll see you then... quick question though, there's no interview tomorrow is there? I'm definitely not prepared for one!

Nah, I emailed them and luckily there isn't an interview at this stage!

Are you from NI? or elsewhere in the UK?
Reply 46
Nah, I emailed them and luckily there isn't an interview at this stage!

Are you from NI? or elsewhere in the UK?

I live in Northern Ireland but I'm at uni in Durham. I was doing Physics last year but I really didn't enjoy it so I've switched to Economics. What about you? :smile:
Original post by prue_ap
I live in Northern Ireland but I'm at uni in Durham. I was doing Physics last year but I really didn't enjoy it so I've switched to Economics. What about you? :smile:

Oh awesome, I almost went to Durham.

I live in London and go to Imperial; studying Physics (and also considering switching -.- )
Hey, just wanted to give you a belated congratulations on your job offer even though it was a year ago! How are you finding it now?

I have my assessment day next week and was looking for some advice on the actual day itself. I am based in London aswell so would be intrigued as to how you found the assessment and most importantly how you passed!

Any tips and advice would be much appreciated! :smile:

Mo
Reply 49
Hey, I have just applied for the 2018 intake for Assurance at the Southampton office, and have just received an email inviting me the assessment centre, but there isn't any on at the minute (I suppose I'm a bit early).

Just wanted to see if anyone had applied already, or support each other 😂☺️, etc, or has any tips. Not going to lie, the 'in tray thing' sounds quite scary for me. Are the multiple choice questions hard or common sense??

Original post by ellebu
Hey, I have just applied for the 2018 intake for Assurance at the Southampton office, and have just received an email inviting me the assessment centre, but there isn't any on at the minute (I suppose I'm a bit early).

Just wanted to see if anyone had applied already, or support each other 😂☺️, etc, or has any tips. Not going to lie, the 'in tray thing' sounds quite scary for me. Are the multiple choice questions hard or common sense??

Hi I applied for assurance 2018 intake at Leeds I'm so nervous. I just got an email today inviting me to the assessment centre. I'm so scared.
Reply 51
Original post by zee2000
Hi I applied for assurance 2018 intake at Leeds I'm so nervous. I just got an email today inviting me to the assessment centre. I'm so scared.

Hi, I had mine last Thursday and just found yesterday that I had got through to the interview stage. It's honestly not that bad and its all very well structured. You have an in tray exercise in the morning which I had never done before and felt like I didn't do well in, but apparently I had. The 2 psychometric tests are the same as online and the group exercise in the afternoon isn't hard at all.

Just enjoy yourself, talk to your colleagues and just try to have a good time, you will enjoy yourself more, the more effort you put into it. Good luck!
Original post by ellebu
Hi, I had mine last Thursday and just found yesterday that I had got through to the interview stage. It's honestly not that bad and its all very well structured. You have an in tray exercise in the morning which I had never done before and felt like I didn't do well in, but apparently I had. The 2 psychometric tests are the same as online and the group exercise in the afternoon isn't hard at all.

Just enjoy yourself, talk to your colleagues and just try to have a good time, you will enjoy yourself more, the more effort you put into it. Good luck!

Thank you for ur guidance
What is the in tray exercise and group exercise like? And what bout the written one do u remember what it was on?
Reply 53
Original post by zee2000
What is the in tray exercise and group exercise like? And what bout the written one do u remember what it was on?

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say exactly what are in the exercises and I don't want something I shouldn't, but just know they are very easy to grasp and there is nothing to worry about. You don't need any outside knowledge or anything so you should be fine.
Original post by zee2000

Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. They are testing your skills so it is less about your knowledge but more about you as a person.
Original post by ellebu

I am also applying for an Industrial Placement in Assurance in Leeds with an assessment centre on Thursday, is the in tray exercise the same as the written report for 30 minutes?
Reply 56
Original post by elliottls97
I am also applying for an Industrial Placement in Assurance in Leeds with an assessment centre on Thursday, is the in tray exercise the same as the written report for 30 minutes?

I think so, I'm assuming as that's what I got, but it could be different as you have applied for a different role.
Original post by zee2000

Is this school leavers?? I've applied for the same!!
Original post by rosiebrownxo
Is this school leavers?? I've applied for the same!!

Yesss school leaver. Omg! Might see you then! When have you chosen your assessment day for and which office?
Original post by zee2000
Yesss school leaver. Omg! Might see you then! When have you chosen your assessment day for and which office?

Manchester on 23rd october :smile: how are you preparing? are you learning stuff about pwc/recent news etc or not so much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending