How come some 1970s comedys regarded racist but Little Britain/ComeFlyWith Me are not Watch

Meenglishnogood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
any ideas?
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which 1970s comedies?
Meenglishnogood
Rep:
?
(Original post by tehforum)
Which 1970s comedies?
'Love Thy Neighbour Mind your language, Till Death Us Do Part
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Meenglishnogood)
No clue because I'm not 50+ years old.
Meenglishnogood
Rep:
?
(Original post by tehforum)
No clue because I'm not 50+ years old.
me neither, but being older than 5 years old i worked out how to use something called Youtube
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Come Fly With Me was awesome.

My favourite characters were Taj and the Japanese 'girls' to those who've seen it But I wouldn't say it's racist. As for little Britain and 70s comedies, I haven't seen them
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ahh my dad used to watch Love Thy Neighbour when he came to England. Perhaps since we've come a long way from the 70s in terms of racial acceptance and the establishment of diversity, it's 'fine' to satirise and stereotype people in a light-hearted way.
uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
me neither, but being older than 5 years old i worked out how to use something called Youtube
#REKT
Meenglishnogood
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ndella)
Ahh my dad used to watch Love Thy Neighbour when he came to England. Perhaps since we've come a long way from the 70s in terms of racial acceptance and the establishment of diversity, it's 'fine' to satirise and stereotype people in a light-hearted way.
i think Love Thy Neighbour became infamous for being very racist toward particularly black people. i wonder though watching david walliams blacking up and mocking an african accent, or making his face look' chinese' - why this is not deemd racist?
manchesterunited15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
SpikeyTeeth
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ndella)
Yes we've come a long way like ignoring Asian pedophile gangs out of fear on being called racist, calling the police on 14 year old girl students if they say they can't understand the English of their non-British student colleagues, white British minority in London, jailing people for tube rants about this, becoming the "El Dorado for immigrants" (Mayor of Calais) calling then LSE racist when the accidentally send out a letter with "Kung Fu Panda" as the recipient to everyone.

We've come a long way [in systematic brainwashing and mind control.]

Also inability to see world leaders referring to New World Order, inability to see that we took out all the strong Arab leaders like Saddam Hussein leading to ISIS. Inability to see that Russia has done nothing yet they are "the enemy". Refusal to see Jewish power in America.

We have come a long way in brainwashing and systematic mind control.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SpikeyTeeth)
Yes we've come a long way like ignoring Asian pedophile gangs out of fear on being called racist, calling the police on 14 year old girl students if they say they can't understand the English of their non-British student colleagues, white British minority in London, jailing people for tube rants about this, becoming the "El Dorado for immigrants" (Mayor of Calais) calling then LSE racist when the accidentally send out a letter with "Kung Fu Panda" as the recipient to everyone.

We've come a long way [in systematic brainwashing and mind control.]

Also inability to see world leaders referring to New World Order, inability to see that we took out all the strong Arab leaders like Saddam Hussein leading to ISIS. Inability to see that Russia has done nothing yet they are "the enemy". Refusal to see Jewish power in America.

We have come a long way in brainwashing and systematic mind control.
Have you calmed down yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.56%
No (109)
32.44%

Watched Threads