Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As some of you know I desperatly want to get involved in the local music scene some how. I have had an idea of setting up a website/forum about Manchester music where bands can advertise their gigs for free. Once the forum is quite active I intend to organise a club night from it.

I am willing to spent around £200 the site.

I think this will look good when trying to apply for jobs because it shows outside interests etc. It should also keep me busy.

I am just to frustrated at the monent of living a boringish life style and being the local geek. All I want really is to be a social entreprenuer.

ReputationRep:
    Why not enter the world of extortion?

ReputationRep:
    If pure HTML is too hard for you, learn dreamweaver.

And as for forums, you can easily register one in http://invisionfree.com/

ReputationRep:
    Lol no I am professional web developer, the site will be produced in pure PHP with HTML used for mark up. I will mainly use CSS though.

I can host the forum myself as my hosting will provide a MySQL database.

I wante advice on the none technical side of things really but I have made a new thread about as I realised this one was worded wrong.

Thanks anyway.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.