Is Ib certificate worthed?

Watch this thread
neha99
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I want to take the Ib diploma however i need to take 3 HL subjects. I have decided that i will take Business management and economics at HL. The only options available are either math Hl or english Hl. I am pretty sure i would not be able to cope up with any one of them.

Which is why i am planning to take up IB certificate. I will choose 6 subjects ( 2 HL). I will also do EE, TOK and CAS.
Is it worthed? do universities take IB certificate into considerations?:confused::confused:

Or should i just take the Ib diploma? If i do then should i choose math Hl or English lang/ lit hl??

P.S. i got B for both english and math IGCSE :ashamed2:
King Max
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
IB diploma. English Langlit hl. Seriously the cert doesnt mean much to most universities. An IB diploma can get you to so many places.
username1464313
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by neha99)
I want to take the Ib diploma however i need to take 3 HL subjects. I have decided that i will take Business management and economics at HL. The only options available are either math Hl or english Hl. I am pretty sure i would not be able to cope up with any one of them.

Which is why i am planning to take up IB certificate. I will choose 6 subjects ( 2 HL). I will also do EE, TOK and CAS.
Is it worthed? do universities take IB certificate into considerations?:confused::confused:

Or should i just take the Ib diploma? If i do then should i choose math Hl or English lang/ lit hl??

P.S. i got B for both english and math IGCSE :ashamed2:
Hey,

I know 3 HLs sounds daunting but trust me it's not as bad as you think. If you are doing all 6 subjects and EE, TOK and CAS anyway, you might as well just do 3 HL because the IB Diploma goes WAY further than a certificate, as King Max suggests. Don't get me wrong, it is possible to get into university with a certificate as you would get the UCAS points from each of your subjects and the core elements. However, it would just be easier for you to do the full diploma. If you do decide to do the diploma, I would suggest you take English Lang/Lit HL any day

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads