Ecology question: What are 3 ways in which organisms can be distributed?

Watch
Justin_Valderama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

This seems like quite a simple question but I'm stuck on it. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Justin_Valderama)
Hello,

This seems like quite a simple question but I'm stuck on it. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you
Well, you can classify organisms on the basis of their food requirements as omnivores, carnivores and herbivores. You can also classify them on the basis of their habitat as land dwelling or water dwelling organisms (my ecology is a bit rusty so i don't exactly remember the scientific terms). And you can classify them on the basis if their nature i.e. animals, plants, micro-organisms etc.

There are other ways to classify organisms as well. Goggle it and I'm sure you'll find something more satisfactory
Justin_Valderama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dynamo123)
Well, you can classify organisms on the basis of their food requirements as omnivores, carnivores and herbivores. You can also classify them on the basis of their habitat as land dwelling or water dwelling organisms (my ecology is a bit rusty so i don't exactly remember the scientific terms). And you can classify them on the basis if their nature i.e. animals, plants, micro-organisms etc.

There are other ways to classify organisms as well. Goggle it and I'm sure you'll find something more satisfactory
Thank you for the help. Much appreciated ^^
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello,

Do you mean distributed or classified? (I ask because of the other post replying to you)

Factors that affect distribution can be food, temperature, availability/need of resources such as water, presence of predators, presence of people, as well as geographical factors (i.e. is there a mountain range in the way).

With classification you can talk about what they eat, but most classification is done either through physical traits (i.e. is it a vertebrate?) or through genetics.
Justin_Valderama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gwilym101)
Do you mean distributed or classified? (I ask because of the other post replying to you)

Factors that affect distribution can be food, temperature, availability/need of resources such as water, presence of predators, presence of people, as well as geographical factors (i.e. is there a mountain range in the way).

With classification you can talk about what they eat, but most classification is done either through physical traits (i.e. is it a vertebrate?) or through genetics.
Well, there isn't much else to the question but it's listed under Ecology>Sampling so that might be helpful. Thanks for the help
HeavyTeddy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, there isn't much else to the question but it's listed under Ecology>Sampling so that might be helpful. Thanks for the help
I think it might be random distribution, clumped distribution and regular distribution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (45)
13.98%
Uncertainty around my education (53)
16.46%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (31)
9.63%
Isolating with family (21)
6.52%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (13)
4.04%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (24)
7.45%
Loneliness (30)
9.32%
Financial worries (12)
3.73%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (35)
10.87%
Exposure to negative news/social media (27)
8.39%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (31)
9.63%

Watched Threads