HSBC Securities Services.... fancy term for Operations?!

Watch this thread
trainwreckhelp
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with HSBC's securities services grad scheme? From the description it sounds like JPM's Investor Services grad scheme and Citi's Transaction Services scheme, but one of the rotations involves Operations directly however it part of Global Banking and Markets not Global Functions, so I can't really tell how client facing it is.. anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks.
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by trainwreckhelp)
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with HSBC's securities services grad scheme? From the description it sounds like JPM's Investor Services grad scheme and Citi's Transaction Services scheme, but one of the rotations involves Operations directly however it part of Global Banking and Markets not Global Functions, so I can't really tell how client facing it is.. anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks.
From my experience Client services are normally BO functions were client facing means talking to the BO of counterparties
trainwreckhelp
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by PrincePauper)
From my experience Client services are normally BO functions were client facing means talking to the BO of counterparties
Ok... any ideas for this particular scheme? If this helps...

http://www.hsbc.com/careers/students...lyst-programme
Hoori
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ok... any ideas for this particular scheme? If this helps...

http://www.hsbc.com/careers/students...lyst-programme
I can't answer your question, but where are the grade requirements?
KLL
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Securities services will also obviously have front officefunctions. They're in no way like IBD though. Think more corporate banking.
Can't say anythign about that programe specifically though.
mahmzo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Thanks.
Hey,

I know this was 6 years ago. Not sure if you ended up in this area? I applied for the same at HSBC, wondering if you could shed some light onto this, thanks.
anonuser99
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mahmzo)
Hey,

I know this was 6 years ago. Not sure if you ended up in this area? I applied for the same at HSBC, wondering if you could shed some light onto this, thanks.
Sounds like a custody bank. It's middle office stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (69)
16.16%
The paper was reasonable (209)
48.95%
Not feeling great about that exam... (103)
24.12%
It was TERRIBLE (46)
10.77%

Watched Threads