The Student Room Group

Declining firm choice and applying again next year

Hi,
So my situation is this: I applied for courses starting in 2015 (deferred entry) and I am now holding an unconditional offer. However I now came across two Universities that offer courses that I would prefer over my first choice.
If I decline my firm choice and withdraw my UCAS application but apply again to different Universities this year, will the Universities be able to tell that I've declined an offer?
I'm pretty sure the universities won't see details of your other applications, but even if they did, it wouldn't count against you that you'd declined an offer. Universities understand that at 18 (or any age) people do change their mind, particularly if they are offering a new course or changed course content since last year.
Reply 2
Original post by louise223
Hi,
So my situation is this: I applied for courses starting in 2015 (deferred entry) and I am now holding an unconditional offer. However I now came across two Universities that offer courses that I would prefer over my first choice.
If I decline my firm choice and withdraw my UCAS application but apply again to different Universities this year, will the Universities be able to tell that I've declined an offer?

Yes they do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending