The Student Room Group

Resit or Remark??

So first of all, here are my AS Level results:
EPQ = A*
Psychology = High A
Biology = Firm B (very happy with this :smile: )
Politics =B
Unit 1 = 66 UMS = C
Unit 2 = 78 UMS = B
History = C

So here's the thing... I'm applying for psychology in 2015, and all but one of my choices need AAB to get in - I'm capable of getting this, but as you can see my politics unit 1 grade is low (I was getting As throughout the year so I don't know what's up with that), which means I'm likely to get ABB predicted :/
I'm not sure whether I should get my unit 1 (or both) remarked in the hope that there was a mistake, or just resit them in the summer..

Some help would be greatly appreciated as I'm the first of my family to go to Uni so they haven't got a clue - my teachers told me it was a 50/50 choice that I had to make :'(

Thank you!!! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by meygagagan
So first of all, here are my AS Level results:
EPQ = A*
Psychology = High A
Biology = Firm B (very happy with this :smile: )
Politics =B
Unit 1 = 66 UMS = C
Unit 2 = 78 UMS = B
History = C

So here's the thing... I'm applying for psychology in 2015, and all but one of my choices need AAB to get in - I'm capable of getting this, but as you can see my politics unit 1 grade is low (I was getting As throughout the year so I don't know what's up with that), which means I'm likely to get ABB predicted :/
I'm not sure whether I should get my unit 1 (or both) remarked in the hope that there was a mistake, or just resit them in the summer

In Politics you have 144. If a re-mark took it down 5 you would have a C and there's minimal chance it would go up to an A, therefore i wouldn't risk a re-mark. However, it probably is worth re-sitting next year - look at the exam timetable when it's available and go for it if it isn't too close to your other exams.

Quick Reply

Latest