The Student Room Group

Career in Criminal/forensic psychology?

Hi everyone,

I'm coming here for advice on studying criminal psychology at uni and my a levels.

I have just started them, and I have chosen:
I.T,
History,
Psychology,
Biology.

Recently I had a sort of crisis in which I was certain I wanted a career in ICT, since I do love the subject and computers and I went for a week to a computer company, however that experience left me feeling a bit meh and not wanting to do ICT anymore.

Over the 6 weeks, I deliberated and something which I hadn't really expressed before was that actually I'm very interested in Psychology. I am often an intrigued person and I love documentaries and analysing and all that sort of stuff. I then decided that although I love ICT, I find it more of a passion than a potential career path, although I feel that's why I was confused. I think I got it all a bit mixed up :s-smilie:i then talked to someone who was thinking of criminal psychology, and they convinced me that's what I want to do.

This leads me to the point: do my options cover a criminal psychology degree at Uni? And would biology be full A level? Because the teachers keep saying we'll struggle. And with the intention of doing ICT it was going to be AS. :/

I have looked around and science and history, psychology not being necessarily mandatory, are common options. I have already started my A levels this September (or yesterday ;( ) and I found researching psychology much more interesting than the topics from ICT. This could always be a backup however. (IT)

I got 4A*s. (Hist,eng lit/lang, R.E) 4As (Double science A/A, maths, food tech) 1 B (grr French) and 6 A* BTEC equivalents at GCSE.(P.e and ICT) I was 1 off an A* in science and food tech. Soo close XD Do you think I can do criminal psychology?

Sorry for the detail - I'm having a real crisis and I don't want to bug the 6th form teachers any more than I already have since I'm trying to switch psychology classes since I'm in the second of two classes and the first has all my friends and the second has everyone I hate :s-smilie: and I have to choose an enrichment (DoE, project etc) and an ambassadorial role to benefit my career over my AS levels so essentially being made to make a decision for the rest of my life in two weeks -_-

any advice? Anything is appreciated
Wow! You are do luckyy! So many A+
Bio is kind of needed, I think cuz you may need it. If you're doing something like forensic psychology then chemistry is needed. Statistics is good choice though it's not necessary plus language is good for writing reports.

Latest