The Student Room Group

Does your eyebrow shape make a huge difference to your appearance and if so, how?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollywood Hogan
I'm a guy, and I get mine threaded every 6 weeks. They look MUCH better threaded and trimmed.

How about if you have had thin eyebrows that have no shape? Would u still thread them?
Original post by Secretnerd123
How about if you have had thin eyebrows that have no shape? Would u still thread them?

If they were already thin then what is there left to thread? At best you could pluck a few yourself to tidy them up a bit.
Well if you were to draw them on, and do it wrong, it wouldn't just be people seeing you who's faces would look surprised
If they were already thin then what is there left to thread? At best you could pluck a few yourself to tidy them up a bit.

They're not that thin. I'll pm you a pic of them and tell me what i should do please :smile:
They're not that thin. I'll pm you a pic of them and tell me what i should do please :smile:

Maybe you should have a word with a salon girl, she will advise on what is best. They don't touch eyebrows they feel are not suitable for threading or waxing.
Reply 25
Yeah

Are you sure? Someone told me they never grow back again
Reply 26
I have really fair eyebrows that were practically invisible, having them shaped and dyed definitely makes a whole lot of difference. It frames and shapes your face.
I think people who do them look silly :lol:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I think people who do them look silly :lol:

Threaded eyebrows look perfectly symmetrical and natural. And they grow back pretty quick.
Threaded eyebrows look perfectly symmetrical and natural. And they grow back pretty quick.

Each to their own.
Eyebrows make a huge difference! I used to pluck my eyebrows until they were just a thin line and they looked awful. Made me face look so weird :tongue:
It does make a difference, it frames your face. If they're thin don't pull more hair out, try and fill them in although not so it looks artificial but natural...
Yes. And I think fullness is quite important too.
I think so :smile: I have dark brows, so I keep them shaped. Not too thin though :tongue:
Original post by H0ls
I have really fair eyebrows that were practically invisible, having them shaped and dyed definitely makes a whole lot of difference. It frames and shapes your face.

I thought dying brows is really harmful and can potentially leave you brow-less :redface:
Reply 35
I thought dying brows is really harmful and can potentially leave you brow-less :redface:

I'm pretty sure it's safe provided you use a specific tint designed for that use. I don't do mine myself though, I get it professional done. I used to have my eyelashes tinted and I know that's unsafe so I stopped.
Reply 36
Yeah, I think really thin eyebrows make you look older and thicker ones make you look younger.
Reply 37
Do you know the question what is the first thing you notice about a girl?
Many men reply to this question with obvious answers.
I always tell them that the first thing I notice is the eyebrow of a girl.
The appearance of an eyebrow tells you so many things. It is a science for itself, indeed.
It tells you: how much natural you are, how much someone worries about her outer appearance (how much do you trust in yourself), how the dosage of beauty products someone uses is, if someone follows trends etc.
Eyebrows are just a thin line of hair. If you really find a need to correct your eyebrow, this tells a lot about the narcissistic side of someones personality.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol...there are some people whose eyebrows fail to shown their true emotion. And they look REALLY angry but aren't. All because of the position of their eyebrows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest