The Student Room Group

Is C1 of the Edexcel Alevel difficult to learn without a teacher?

In my new sixth form that I've joined I am also doing Further Maths with my Maths Alevel. The thing is that they are going to be skipping over Module C1 as the top set of their Maths class last year did the C1 Exam early. I haven't had the opportunity to do this though so I will have a gap in my knowledge compared to the rest of the class. I will have to teach myself everything in C1, is this an achievable goal? How important is knowledge from C1 in the rest of the Maths Alevel, will I have to catch up pretty quickly? Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Best thing you could do is find a private tutor to go over the topics with you.
Good Luck! :biggrin:
Tbh it's not too difficult, C1 is mostly advanced GCSE stuff with a few new topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by dylandcd
How important is knowledge from C1 in the rest of the Maths Alevel, will I have to catch up pretty quickly?

All of the other core maths modules are built upon your C1 knowledge, so to answer your question, yes it is very important.
Luckily, C1 is not a massive leap from GCSE higher maths, so if you had a top grade in that you shouldn't have a problem in catching up with some independent study.
I did it with almost ease, and I didn't consider myself an overly strong mathematician.
Good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks everyone, I think what I'm going to do is get a revision guide/textbook for C1 from school and then start using all I my frees to teach myself the content until I know it, my other subjects can eat away at my after school time for a while....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest