The Student Room Group

Central St Martins or Oxford Brooks for architecture????

Can't really choose between the two :frown:
Reply 1
Is csm well known and respected university in the world of architecture?

Im also contemplating whether csm will be part of my 5 choice of uni.
Original post by 19cvabn
Is csm well known and respected university in the world of architecture?

Im also contemplating whether csm will be part of my 5 choice of uni.

I doubt it's respected for architecture but I heard the style of teaching is unlike any.. that kinda made me curious :^_^: studying in London is definitely a plus on its own I'm thinking of csm, ucl and westminister at the moment which are there and sheffield and bath. How about you ? :biggrin:
As far as I'm aware, Brookes has a better reputation within the world of architecture - a lot of people speak pretty highly of it :smile: Csm is probably less well regarded, but I've heard a lot of good things about the course there, too! Plus the building has been recently redone by Stanton Williams, and looks amazing from what I've seen. :smile:

Could be worth paying both a visit? A lot of the time, a place will just feel right for you, and you'll fall in love with the city/course/department. :smile:
Reply 4
Ive heard that it is well known for overseas due to the fact that quite alot of the 20th century artists are alma matter of that UAL particularly rankin and lucian freud, for some reason its not known in the uk. My art teacher suggested that ual is an excellent art school in uk. Theyre quite hectic on their portfolio, ive heard that majority of students did foundation in arts and design, if not your directly rejected! Pahahaha ( quite exaggerated actually)

Im thinking of going into open day in ual. Im still thinking which uni to go to actually, but I like the idea of applying newcastle and notts tho.
Reply 5
Original post by clareyyyyyyy
As far as I'm aware, Brookes has a better reputation within the world of architecture - a lot of people speak pretty highly of it :smile: Csm is probably less well regarded, but I've heard a lot of good things about the course there, too! Plus the building has been recently redone by Stanton Williams, and looks amazing from what I've seen. :smile:

Could be worth paying both a visit? A lot of the time, a place will just feel right for you, and you'll fall in love with the city/course/department. :smile:

I like also the idea living in london but the accommodation is god forbid expensive, got bit turn off because of that.
Original post by clareyyyyyyy

Original post by 19cvabn
Ive heard that it is well known for overseas due to the fact that quite alot of the 20th century artists are alma matter of that UAL particularly rankin and lucian freud, for some reason its not known in the uk. My art teacher suggested that ual is an excellent art school in uk. Theyre quite hectic on their portfolio, ive heard that majority of students did foundation in arts and design, if not your directly rejected! Pahahaha ( quite exaggerated actually)

Im thinking of going into open day in ual. Im still thinking which uni to go to actually, but I like the idea of applying newcastle and notts tho.

definitely visiting both :bigsmile: soon hopefully and I live in Birmingham so nottingham would actually be sweet ahaa, thanks helping me out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending