A level options? Which do you think is rather sensible?

Watch
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ok what would you do?
Route A: Would you go to a sixth form college where it's known for being not relatively good (though some students do get good grades) and dangerous to study the courses you want? These courses are 1) Chemistry 2)Physics 3)Maths 4) English lit.
Bare in mind you only had C's for these in your GCSE's. Though it could lead to other career paths and you could do the course you wanted such as engineering. Though it takes you 1 hour and 15 mins to get to this school.
OR
Route B: Would you stay at a relatively good sixth form that you know and that is safe? It takes you 30 mins to get there. Here you would study Drama, Media Studies, English Lit and Psychology. The only catch is that your options are now a bit more limited. You can't do certain courses such as engineering, medicine etc where some of your interests lie. But you could do courses like English lit and psychology from these options in university?

Which would you pick, route A or route B.
I need help in deciding what to do. I have some kind of interest in engineering that's the thing. Yet was told due to my C grades I could never do it. If I work and change some certain things I could I believe.
Kash24411
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cherry82)
Ok what would you do?
Route A: Would you go to a sixth form college where it's known for being not relatively good (though some students do get good grades) and dangerous to study the courses you want? These courses are 1) Chemistry 2)Physics 3)Maths 4) English lit.
Bare in mind you only had C's for these in your GCSE's. Though it could lead to other career paths and you could do the course you wanted such as engineering. Though it takes you 1 hour and 15 mins to get to this school.
OR
Route B: Would you stay at a relatively good sixth form that you know and that is safe? It takes you 30 mins to get there. Here you would study Drama, Media Studies, English Lit and Psychology. The only catch is that your options are now a bit more limited. You can't do certain courses such as engineering, medicine etc where some of your interests lie. But you could do courses like English lit and psychology from these options in university?

I need help in deciding what to do. I have some kind of interest in engineering that's the thing. Yet was told due to my C grades I could never do it. If I work and change some certain things I could I believe.
Choose whichever option you think you have the most interest in and what you would actually enjoy learning about, if it's the science subjects for route A then go for it and if it's the English lit and Psychology courses for route B then go for that.

Don't let the C's in GCSE put you down at all it is all about if you're willing to put the effort in at A level as i can relate to this at GCSE i got mainly B's and C's however at AS i got A's and B's because i knew that i had to change my performance academically.
Mr.Econometrics
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cherry82)
Ok what would you do?
OR

Route A, and retake your Maths GCSE if you got a C in that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (55)
28.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.85%
No I am happy with my choice (106)
55.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads