girlfriend doesn't like that I hang out with girls Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have being out with my girlfriend for about a few months now, we have a good relationship with a healthy sex life and we do a lot of different things together.

My friends are all girls, I met them though university halls and living with some of them in the past, one of these girls I now live with in a shared flat. We're nothing more than best friends. My friends are happy that I have a girlfriend, the other girls come over for drinks and go out together now and again. Because of them I do get other girls coming up to me but just friendly banter.

My girlfriend hates this and doesn't want to hang around with them. The girl I'm living this is always friendly towards her and offers to hang out with the group if she likes, but my girlfriend refuses and blanks her rudely. I've told her plenty of times she is the only girl I'm interested in, in a sexual way. she says shes not jealous, it makes it awkward for me

How do I get her to accept my friends are girls? why do think she is a problem?
Meduza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Jealousy is a natural and a common feeling.
Stewie2011
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If all her friends were guys and she was living with a male flatmate how would you feel. Now you might day you wouldn't mind but for many men they would probably wonder if she would go off with them at the drop of a hat or be boning her. Some girls though are very clingy so if you suspect it is more this I would tell her to mend her ways or she'll be dumped that should put her in her place.
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well just put it to her that she either trusts you or she doesn't, and if she doesn't then what's the point in continuing with you anyway?
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
Well just put it to her that she either trusts you or she doesn't, and if she doesn't then what's the point in continuing with you anyway?
This. If you're going to have a relationship then there should be trust there.
carlaraptor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can appreciate her being a little insecure, I guess, if *all* your friends are female - it's a natural feeling. But how she deals with that feeling is her responsibility. She should really be making an effort to be friendly with your friends, especially as it'd probably help her insecurity!

She needs to be able to trust you. A lot of my friends are male, and my boyfriend would never be rude to them or make things difficult. If he ever felt insecure, I'd much rather he was honest about it, and then I'd try and help him through it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (161)
60.98%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.17%
No- I want it (74)
28.03%
No- I don't want it (18)
6.82%

Watched Threads