How much time do you spend studying as A2 students?

Watch
zee600
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, i'm about to start A2 in a couple of days. How many hours would be essential if you were aiming for an A*?
peterith
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My study plan looks something like this...

CIE Further Maths 50%
Physics 25%
Chemistry 25%
oxfordprospect
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Highly dependent on which subjects you are taking.
If it's Maths or Sciences, you can generally get by just doing the homework set from what I gather. Obviously consolidating content learned throughout the year will stand you in good stead when it comes to revising, and reading off syllabus can't harm, but it won't really make a difference to how you fare in your A2 exams.

The arts, on the other hand, require much more work outside of lesson and homework time. I'm doing History English and Latin for my A2s, and whenever I am not officially set homework but have some spare time, I am always trying to read up more on the History topic I am doing, or get ahead on the Latin translation, or just reading in general for English (as I intend to study this at University). I got As at AS and am predicted A*s at A2 so I guess what I'm doing is what you should try and do if you have similar aspirations.

Also remember though that it's important to rest! :P Don't work 24/7 and burn out, but yeah, it's more work than at AS.

Hope this helps in any way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (154)
60.39%
I don't have everything I need (101)
39.61%

Watched Threads