Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Im a pretty fit lad (in terms of physical fitness, i would hardly talk about myself in the looks department) Anyway, yeh im pretty fit but i do like my food. This is no problem in the on-season where I play/train almost every day and have no probs, however, the seasons finished now and im only training 2-3 times a week to keep me ticking over, but im still eatin like a trojan (something i really do not want to alter :rolleyes:) and ive noticed the weight start to come on in the form of fat around my stomach area Anyone got some good ways to reduce this or any good exercise that burn this fat off so I can see my abs again lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    Hey, Im a pretty fit lad (in terms of physical fitness, i would hardly talk about myself in the looks department) Anyway, yeh im pretty fit but i do like my food. This is no problem in the on-season where I play/train almost every day and have no probs, however, the seasons finished now and im only training 2-3 times a week to keep me ticking over, but im still eatin like a trojan (something i really do not want to alter :rolleyes:) and ive noticed the weight start to come on in the form of fat around my stomach area Anyone got some good ways to reduce this or any good exercise that burn this fat off so I can see my abs again lol
    do sit ups and go to the gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    run. do weight training. do more exercise.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    running is the most effective and quickest way.
    I eat quite a lot but dnt seem to put on any weight, guess i'm lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    Running isnt the most effective and quickest way, yet again, if you dont know what youre talking about, dont talk at all.

How much do you eat a day in calories?
    Eh? Running is very effective, trust me!! I'm not some kinda diet freak so I don't count the amount of calories i take in got better things to do, i just know i can eat two big mac meals no prob, minus one drink.

ReputationRep:
    Running isnt the most effective and quickest way, yet again, if you dont know what youre talking about, dont talk at all.

And you think you know wot ur on about? Even if i am wrong there is no need to tell me to not talk. :mad:

ReputationRep:

haha I was waiting for your comments!

ReputationRep:
    I think Ill trust my own experience, and studies, thanks.

You can eat two big mac meals a day? Is that with eating other stuff or just the big mac meals?

Big Mac meals - contain alot of fat, alot of simple carbs, but also alot of protein. Theres about 1000 calories in a big mac meal(guess) and that means two big mac meals is 2000. Your RMR will be about 2000 calories a day, meaning you could sit and do nothing all day and burn that off. Also, Id like to see you eat 2 big mac meals a day everyday for a month and not put any bodyfat on.
    gosh 1000calories seems a bit high 4 a big mac

ReputationRep:
    I do as a matter of fact.

I dont mean dont talk, just dont talk about stuff to do with exercise as all you are doing is misinforming people.
    Yeh you go trust your own studies however much you like.

So your saying running isnt a good form of exercise, well i was told by a biologist that it was an effective way to burn off the calories.

That's i can eat two big mac meals in a meal, but not every meal. Lets just say i can eat about 4 a day if i were to only eat big mac meals, which i dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jyuk)
    Yeh you go trust your own studies however much you like.

So your saying running isnt a good form of exercise, well i was told by a biologist that it was an effective way to burn off the calories.

That's i can eat two big mac meals in a meal, but not every meal. Lets just say i can eat about 4 a day if i were to only eat big mac meals, which i dont.
    Biologists....as they know OH SO MUCH about exercise/nurtrition etc. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I do as a matter of fact.

I dont mean dont talk, just dont talk about stuff to do with exercise as all you are doing is misinforming people.
    Serious_Stuff you are an arrogant dkhead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_b)
    Serious_Stuff you are an arrogant dkhead.
    I was going to go about those lines, but i'm not that blunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Biologists....as they know OH SO MUCH about exercise/nurtrition etc. :rolleyes:
    So nutritionists arent biologist then eh?

ReputationRep:
    Thats it im not going to argue with you lot anymore, otherwise we might as well move this thread to the debate forum.

ReputationRep:
    Energy Protein Carbohydrates Fat Fibre Sodium
    (KC) Total Sugars Total Saturated

Big Mac(TM) 493.0 26.7 44.0 11.6 22.9 9.8 5.9 0.9

ReputationRep:
    Its an outrage to tell someone not to talk. I mean, do you think you are above him or something ? A discrase, you have no right to do that.

ReputationRep:
    wow macdonalds have that. they not worried about putting ppl off, not that any macdonalds goer actually cares.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think Im underestimating...

Look at it this way, the drink you get with it has 300 calories. The bread probably 90 calories a piece? 2 Pieces..200 calories, thats 500 calories, the meat, 2 pieces, probably about 150 calories each...800 calories. Fries at least 200. Thats 1000. Like I said, its probably nearer 1200.
    im never going to mcdonalds again

ReputationRep:
    Youre clearly lying. For a start, a nutritionist wouldnt make such a sweeping statement. If he did, he shouldnt be a nutritionist. Effective? Yes, one of the best? No. There is a difference between burning calories and burning fat also. Be more specific next time rather than just saying 'Running is one of the quickest and most effective ways' when it is far from it.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Shut ur trap right now. If u were next to me i wud rip ur heart out. I said i'm not going to argue with you anymore, so shut the hell up.

ReputationRep:
    there is no bloody need to call me a liar.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.